Hope Brake Appreciation Thread

patches

Nothing to say except that Hope's are dangerous. Einaaaaa :ph34r:

Or the operator is spastic... Pretty sure the scenario would've ended up this way, no matter the brakes... Except Avids - they would've collapsed on impact...

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

all you need are these

http://www.evanscycles.com/product_image/image/049/2e6/7fc/81953/product_page/shimano-saint-m820-2013-hydraulic-disc-brakes.jpg

until you end up in heap of catchnetting like Aaron Gwin! hahahaha

http://i657.photobucket.com/albums/uu293/mdmundt/haters-gonna-hate-2.jpg

*and poor people

Do elaborate on the meaning of "and poor people" Do you mean that people that cant afford this brand hate it because they cant afford it? If it is, I personally think that is a very insensitive thing to say.

some people like shiny and others like things that work and work well. The latter chooses Formula or Shimano or Magura. the others like Hope ......cos they gonna need it Hope that is.

"I Hope these are going to sto..........crash

http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o465/Stevo_210/m4d.jpg

Sacrilege!! Hopes without braided hoses should be classified as illegal. Like putting TSW mags on your Lamborghini, haha

Edited by braailegend

some people like shiny and others like things that work and work well. The latter chooses Formula or Shimano or Magura. the others like Hope ......cos they gonna need it Hope that is.

Hmmm... I've run Shimano, Formula and Hopes (and others not worth mentioning - they have their own appreciation society)... I've NEVER had to 'hope' the Hopes will stop me. Ever. The Formulas on the other hand - eish. So now I run Shimano's and Hopes. Wish I could have Hopes on all my bikes.

Oh my hat....pictures like this make me want to take up bowling (just kidding, but still..)

Guest Omega Man

Funny thing happened last year. I did a trip to the Alps. Avid, Formula, Shimano and Hopes all present and the only brakes that didn't need bleeding the entire trip were the Hopes......

Mmmmmm those are some sexy brakes. The Terminator would use Hope Evos if he rode a mountain bike.

Is it wrong to have a woodie right now?

No, but it is wrong to tell us about it

Do elaborate on the meaning of "and poor people" Do you mean that people that cant afford this brand hate it because they cant afford it? If it is, I personally think that is a very insensitive thing to say.

You will alway get those people who think they are better than others based on what kit they wear or in this case what brakes you can afford. Some people actually judge a persons skill by looking at the equipment and kit they have and riding ability actually plays no role

Anyone else involuntarily reach for their hand with the other one when you see the pic?

Funny thing happened last year. I did a trip to the Alps. Avid, Formula, Shimano and Hopes all present and the only brakes that didn't need bleeding the entire trip were the Hopes......

I've done a few trips in the Alps and the brakes thatneeded bleeding the most were Hopes. Shimanos only needed a pad change. Push the pistons back, pop in new pads, squeeze squeeze ahhh brakes and go ride.

I have a set of Mono Mini Pro on my Xc bike, damn they're crap. I really miss my XTR brakes.

Hope has certainly improved their products especially the gravity brakes but Saint seems to be the standard

Yeah the Hopes are nice but so is XT for xc riding. As for a rear rotor nothing beats the Hope floating rotor - it even eliminated the dreaded pig slaughtering turkey gobble noise that the rear Avid break so loves to make.

Mmmmmm those are some sexy brakes. The Terminator would use Hope Evos if he rode a mountain bike.

Is it wrong to have a woodie right now?

... it's been said that Chuck Norris prefers Shimano :whistling:

Hmmmm, I see that at lea few people building lightweight dirt motorbikes (around 50kg) use what brakes...................Hope.