RANT! Is it OK to start being rude at cyclist riding abreast

Velo Racer

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

is it ok that I read the first page and just skipped to the last page to add my "is it ok" comment?

Only if you use tl;dr. That's just polite.

Is it okay to wait behind them untill you have space to overtake/there are no cars behind you? :D

post-39984-0-10988500-1384182887_thumb.pngpost-39984-0-15448900-1384182855_thumb.png

So Sat morning, after a run in Green Point and breakfast in Deer Park, my partner and I were headed back to Hout Bay. Encountered a group of 10-12 TEAM BONITAS riders, or 10-12 riders dressed in Team Bonitas kit. Overtook bulk of the group, who were riding responsibly, heading into Camps Bay.

Traffic along that road is heavy on a Saturday morning. The front riders stopped at the traffic lights heading out of Camps Bay. When the lights turned green, they took it upon themselves to continue chatting, and riding two abreast. Traffic was backed up behind us, and the road narrow.

I didn't hoot or abuse them, nor should I have to. I haven't reported the tjop riding to team management, nor will I. The point is they should know better. That said it's never ok to abuse riders, or for riders to abuse motorists.We all use the same roads. patience is key, but so is mutual consideration.

What strike me is that you mention they have to consider other cyclists. What about ALL other road users, like cars, trucks...?

Next week everyone is up in arms, when a cyclist gets hit....

Makes you think.

Silly roadies. They just dont understand 'ducks in a row'

One of dem was riding wiff a mountain bike.

" Female wearing a grey wind breaker on a road bike and male with a red top on a mtb. "

post-39984-0-10988500-1384182887_thumb.pngpost-39984-0-15448900-1384182855_thumb.png

So Sat morning, after a run in Green Point and breakfast in Deer Park, my partner and I were headed back to Hout Bay. Encountered a group of 10-12 TEAM BONITAS riders, or 10-12 riders dressed in Team Bonitas kit. Overtook bulk of the group, who were riding responsibly, heading into Camps Bay.

Traffic along that road is heavy on a Saturday morning. The front riders stopped at the traffic lights heading out of Camps Bay. When the lights turned green, they took it upon themselves to continue chatting, and riding two abreast. Traffic was backed up behind us, and the road narrow.

I didn't hoot or abuse them, nor should I have to. I haven't reported the tjop riding to team management, nor will I. The point is they should know better. That said it's never ok to abuse riders, or for riders to abuse motorists.We all use the same roads. patience is key, but so is mutual consideration.

Technically this looks bad. HOWEVER, what would you have said if both riders on the LEFT were riding in single file behind the 2 riders on the RIGHT?

We are allowed full use of the road and as such are recommended to ride in the 1.5m from the curb. This technically puts me in the middle of the lane, what then/now?