Is a Sub-3 really a Sub-3 . . . .

Bonus

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HEY OLDMAN YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT CONFIDENCE HEY??????

AND WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT ASSUMPTION

Hey DIPS I said nothing!!!

Hey DIPS I said nothing!!!

I KNOW I JUST EXPECT NOTHING LESS THAN 2;50,,,,,,SO GET YOUR SHIIT TOGETHER(MORE TOGETHER)

I KNOW I JUST EXPECT NOTHING LESS THAN 2;50,,,,,,SO GET YOUR SHIIT TOGETHER(MORE TOGETHER)

HAHAHAHA 2:50 argust?? Are you joking me? I have a day job

Wiggins sat in the bunch and won the TdF.....did he really win it then? :whistling:

This pretty much hits the nail on the head. He certainly did win it - but he acknowledges it as a team effort and thanks his team for their huge help. Particularly that of Mr Froome :-)

This pretty much hits the nail on the head. He certainly did win it - but he acknowledges it as a team effort and thanks his team for their huge help. Particularly that of Mr Froome :-)

LA won seven all by himself, from the front..................he only started losing when he had team mates to distract him.........he cannot even spell dope.

Great comment but I want to add another perspective...

For many people (especially first timers and those new to the sport) posting a good time or PB is a huge motivator and a great achievement whether that is accomplished by sitting in a bunch the whole way or slogging it out on their own. The fact is that they did not just wake up one day, decide to ride the 94.7 and magically got seeded in C bunch to get pulled along they whole way, it's not that simple.

After not having been on a bike since my paper round 20 years ago I borrowed a bike and started riding with the aim of posting a decent time in the 94.7. Being somewhat competitive and determined that involved getting up at 5am and riding in single digit temperatures 4 times a week with people who are much stronger, getting dropped on every single hill and bump and politely greeting people as they whizzed past in the cradle.

4 months, 2000+ km of training rides,10kg and 1 decent fall later as well as slowly working my way up the seeding index with a couple of other races I managed an "L" group start for the 94.7. While there wasn't much of a bunch to speak of in "L" I did manage to draft for several sections but also pulled my weight in the front when called upon to finish in 2h53 on my first attempt.

The people who managed a good enough seeding to draft to a sub 3 probably worked their butts off the get there in the first place and earned the right to suck wheel every now again. Besides, working as a team and achieving a good time is probably more rewarding than a lonely grind to the finish.

Great post.

This is what i call achievement & why i do what i do:

• Avg cyclist needed help in finishing 94.7 last year, we caught him on our 2nd lap and helped push him home along Summit, cos he's our mate & fellow COW, he had a 7hr odd day
  • He's trained his @$$ off in 2013, lost 10-15kg's, did Baviaans this year as well
  • He bled in a long legged black outfit with the rest of us this year and finished Sub 3
  • He did the 2nd lap and pushed Ice Cream bikes

Cutting 4hrs off your time and having the ability to still do a 2nd lap, anybody avg i believe can really up their game

PS.....i was at the back of the group pushing people, so i guess i was drafting :whistling:

No sorry you are wrong, its only from a sub three in the August that you get to wear kit like this (chicks version is all I could find)

I think the new standard for a sub 3 is making the neutral zone at the Double Century in less than 3hrs. Just you and 11 buddies - no hiding in the peloton. 115.6kms of seeing stars and wishing you were dead - all in the name of bragging rights.

I think the new standard for a sub 3 is making the neutral zone at the Double Century in less than 3hrs. Just you and 11 buddies - no hiding in the peloton. 115.6kms of seeing stars and wishing you were dead - all in the name of bragging rights. without crossing the center line...

Wiggins sat in the bunch and won the TdF.....did he really win it then? :whistling:

TdF? What's that? What's Sir Bradley's Argus or 94.7 time? Those are the real measures of a cyclist.

I think the new standard for a sub 3 is making the neutral zone at the Double Century in less than 3hrs. Just you and 11 buddies - no hiding in the peloton. 115.6kms of seeing stars and wishing you were dead - all in the name of bragging rights.

Close on 40 km / hour average speed, more climbing than the Argus, I will let that one in

it was my 3rd 94.7 and my first sub 3 @ 2;51 really chuffed

my previous sub 3 was at the OR Tambo race where i did a 2:45

everyone might have different feelings towards a sub 3 on the above races and their validity, but to me its worth alot, agreed that my goal is a sub 3 Argus but it takes nothing away from my 2:51 94.7 - especially when i did 3:00:57 last year..... that sub 3 becomes a definite goal

you got to work hard to get a sub three regardless

now it just means i work towards a sub 2;45

Edited by W@nna-BE

Is my kg of potatoes heavier than your kg of potatoes because mines in a basket???????? Bloody moron...... Why don't you go do your work