Sincere help needed.

paulvds

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there all hubbers

The plot is not that thick. Spoke to paul, nice oke. He lost everthing. 2 x motorbikes, 2 cars, bicycles ........ He did not hide anything and told me about the cars he had to sell

Had to get money for his operation. Got the big scars on his stomach.

How will you feel if you must sell everything you have to pay for your operation when discovery wont pay the bill 100%

Must love the hub because here we can talk **** first and say sorry later :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

Bought the bike

Hi there all hubbers

The plot is not that thick. Spoke to paul, nice oke. He lost everthing. 2 x motorbikes, 2 cars, bicycles ........ He did not hide anything and told me about the cars he had to sell

How will you feel if you must sell everything you have to pay for your operation when discovery wont pay the bill 100%

Must love the hub because here we can talk **** first and say sorry later :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

Bought the bike

SOOOOOOO true!!!!

Hi there all hubbers

Bought the bike

Good stuff bru, glad you could help them out! Must be really hectic to go through this at this time of the year.

@ paul, strongs man

That was my first thought because we have had similar situations in our family

Hi there all hubbers

Bought the bike

Either way you still did the right thing. Not many people willing to help. Big hand to you!!

Hi there all hubbers

Bought the bike

As someone who's been bitten too many times for feeling sorry for people - sadly I guess I am rather jaded when someone uses that approach to ask for help - and I prefer to go forward with whatever information is available rather than going in blind.

Glad you were able to help him out, and to Paul and his wife - best of luck - my apologies for posting the gumtree link that sparked some incorrect speculations.

As someone who's been bitten too many times for feeling sorry for people - sadly I guess I am rather jaded when someone uses that approach to ask for help - and I prefer to go forward with whatever information is available rather than going in blind.

Glad you were able to help him out, and to Paul and his wife - best of luck - my apologies for posting the gumtree link that sparked some incorrect speculations.

Same sentiments from my side. My kindness has been taken advantage of a few times in the past...

Good luck Paul!

Edited by MH for short

Hi there all hubbers

Bought the bike

How much did you pay? Did you pay the asking price of R8k or low ball offer?

And I disagree - unfortunately in RSA you are more likely to get ripped off hence everyone's paranoia when buying items of the net. Yes - people jump to conclusion because not a day goes by that it doesn't happen.

For every story like Paul's there are 10 like John (said with deep Nigerian accent)

Edited by JGR

i would like a well organised fund for REAL HUBBERS who need help, a fund that is controlled correctly, and does not just dump funds to friends family, there are many people here that would contribute, i think there are many people who need help on the hub, i think there are many of us with loose parts, tyres, spares lying around and a bit of cash and then the other hubbers saving there salaries to pay for things like tubes,tyres,

i can say that half of us have garages full of "scrap" that many other hubbers are currently saving for

i can say that half of us have garages full of "scrap" that many other hubbers are currently saving for

I'm still hoping for a new bike before Christmas so I can spend some time riding while i'm on leave :whistling: :ph34r:

Don't blame hubbers, blame the scammers. If soppy scamming stories wasn't the rule as opposed to the exception this would not have raised flags in the first place. Unfortunately with all the fraud corruption and theft its always better to assume a scam than to be caught in one.

I feel for this chap, it really is not fun loosing everything and starting over. Good luck to you and I hope you both make a speedy recover, not just physically but financially as well.

@ Flat29 , Good on you Bud.

@ Paul , All the best Buddy, truely sorry you had to go through all of thisa just to try and cover what your Medical aid should be covering.

@ Dips , you have a good plan there. I cant do much, but i might be able to help someone in some way, shape or form, so let me know how you want to proceed.

Guest Hollow Man

Hi there all hubbers

Bought the bike

How many good people in SA go under every day and lose everything through this kind of stuff?

:thumbup: for helping out.