What is your dream 1 day race? Suggest a NEW race

carbon29er

I quite like the route from Franschoek, Villiersdorp, Grabouw, Somerset West, Stellenbosch and back to Franschoek.

Or perhaps starting in Stellenbosch to warm up before leaving Franschoek.

What's that, about 125-130Km with some awesome downhills?

post-1372-0-03014700-1386877875_thumb.png

Edited by geraldm24

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been looking at a route that shadows the Amatola hiking trail. Starting in King Williams Town, to Stutterheim and on to The Hogsback. The problem is that there's too much unridable terrain. So far...

An mtb race in the mweni area of the drakensberg. Possibly in the form of an enduro. It's tribal land, with plenty of cattle tracks that form singletrack with plenty of naturally sculpted berms. I did a hike there and it occurred to me that this would be an astonishingly cool place to ride.

Estcourt to Greytown via Weenen would be a helleva special race. Mountains, bush and some in incredible climbs.

we all know how trying to do a race on baden powell drive turned out! (challenge cape town)

im in the dark here.. Sorry for my ignorance, but please tell me what happened, i havent heard the story

Edited by FootballingCyclist

This is what i have in mind, just think, a mass race on Saturday and then an International UCI event on the Sunday.

post-4736-0-70844600-1386918021_thumb.png

A race near Underberg that includes a climb up Sani Pass.

Sani transfrontier held in October is your answer