Cape Epic 2014

Pieterg

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats happening with the woman? Arianne Kleinhans not through waterpoint 1? :mellow:

Mech problems. I think it is crappy that they are not allowed to switch bikes or have mech assistance on route. It should be a test of riding skills and not mech skills of the riders. A race format more like the TDF would make the Epic much better.

Mech problems. I think it is crappy that they are not allowed to switch bikes or have mech assistance on route. It should be a test of riding skills and not mech skills of the riders. A race format more like the TDF would make the Epic much better.

um ja, but this is not a race on the N1. it's closer to the dakar rally where you are on your own...you need to find the balance between hammering over terrain that is too harsh for the bike between your legs in the first place.

Whats happening with the woman? Arianne Kleinhans not through waterpoint 1? :mellow:

I have been told they cut a tyre early in the day, put a tube in and both changed wheels at water point one, but had problems. One of them could not get their wheel off (too tight) and then evidently looked to be panicking. They wasted loads of time (I was told about 30 minutes behind as the left water point but no accurate time that I know).

As for Rabon ... don't understimate him. I suspect he will be strong when he needs to be -- technically he may be lacking at bit, but I don't think that will be enough to be a huge disadvantage on an event like the Epic which is not a technical race (unless of course this year's shorter route is more technical than normal).

Shot to all posting the twitter, etc updates and pics! In the office and no access to those feeds outside of what you guys are posting here. On behalf of all us corporate types with limited\blocked access, we say THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Shot to all posting the twitter, etc updates and pics! In the office and no access to those feeds outside of what you guys are posting here. On behalf of all us corporate types with limited\blocked access, we say THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

+1!