Best tubeless method i have ever seen

Cruz Addict

I think that it must be noted that we're looking at tubeless ready rims and tyres here...always easier.

I take the valve core out always, and also much prefer using the compressor at the garage down the road.

a)it's quicker in the long run

b)it's much more fun when the tyres POP and the joggies think the gangstas are in town.

No, tubeless ready is much harder than ust rim and ust tyre combo.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I stumbled across my Crest / Spez Fast Track combo I've never needed soap or my compressor. Just inflate leisurely with a track pump and it pops into place.

TLR is easier than wire bead and normal non TLR though. Sjoe...

Yip wire bead sucks donkey balls...however wirebead <> UST

Easiest tubeless setup is a ust tyre like a conti UST mountain king on a crankbrothers rim....can use any pump. Heck it will even hold air overnight....true story

Most difficult to date....conti x-king TR protection on a crest rim. Needs lots of fast air and soap and sealant.

Yip wire bead sucks donkey balls...however wirebead <> UST

Easiest tubeless setup is a ust tyre like a conti UST mountain king on a crankbrothers rim....can use any pump. Heck it will even hold air overnight....true story

Most difficult to date....conti x-king TR protection on a crest rim. Needs lots of fast air and soap and sealant.

Want to tell us about Geax?

Want to tell us about Geax?

Geax conversion.....what a breeze.

I can get the bead seated by farting into the valve on a crest rim. The problem is if you need to take said tyre off....then you need the hulk

PS ask skills about my system....did his and his missus and jc's....in an assembly line last friday

Edited by rouxtjie

Most difficult to date....conti x-king

Agree. Much swearing and sobbing last night before supper, after supper and this morning before a helpful petrol attendant gave me a hand. You can learn something new anywhere!

No, tubeless ready is much harder than ust rim and ust tyre combo.

I meant tubeless rims..AKA UST

ordinary rims with a conversion strip are very hard to do with a floor pump without praying and raindancing first

I meant tubeless rims..AKA UST

ordinary rims with a conversion strip are very hard to do with a floor pump without praying and raindancing first

ah...yes in that case...100% true

Agree. Much swearing and sobbing last night before supper, after supper and this morning before a helpful petrol attendant gave me a hand. You can learn something new anywhere!

Rouxtjie's top tip for xking protection conversions at home....fit tyre, soapy water painted in rim and sidewalls. No sealant yet...

1.Don't put core back into the valve....must must must

2.Get some of those big co2 bombs....get it ready to deploy

3.Screw over valve and in one swift move....try and release all the air into the tyre by opening as fast as possible...no poer poering...

4.Wash rinse repeat until tyre seats with a bomb...if you are lucky, it works first time.

5.Unscrew co2 adapter and in one swift move place finger over valve, get the core ready and screw back in without letting all the air out and bead dropping its seat

6.Fillup with footpump asap to 3 bar...keep monitoring it....if it goes a little flat(and it will for the next 2 ours), fill up with footpump.

7.Put wheel in sun...whilst nursing the pressure in it.

8.After about two hours in the sun and nursing the pressure in it....take core out get stan's ready in injector...try not to disturb the bead...let i hang off a hook as in the video above

9.Pump up with footpump

10.Have a beer, cause you have seated a x-king without using a compressor....although its huge admin as you can see

Edited by rouxtjie

Rouxtjie's top tip for xking protection conversions at home....fit tyre, soapy water painted in rim and sidewalls. No sealant yet...

3.Screw over valve and in one swift move....try and release all the air into the tyre by opening as fast as possible...no poer poering...

4.Wash rinse repeat until tyre seats with a bomb...if you are lucky, it works first time.

5.Unscrew co2 adapter and in one swift move place finger over valve, get the core ready and screw back in without letting all the air out and bead dropping its seat

6.Fillup with footpump asap to 3 bar...keep monitoring it....if it goes a little flat(and it will for the next 2 ours), fill up with footpump.

8.After about two hours in the sun and nursing the pressure in it....take core out get stan's ready in injector...try not to disturb the bead...let i hang off a hook as in the video above Tried EVERYTHING......once I deflate.....no getting the tyre back up.......so I fail at step 8.......

I am going to battle ONE more time, strip my moer and buy a compressor.....

9.Pump up with footpump

10.Have a beer, cause you have seated a x-king without using a compressor....although its huge admin as you can see

8.After about two hours in the sun and nursing the pressure in it....take core out get stan's ready in injector...try not to disturb the bead...let i hang off a hook as in the video above

9.Pump up with footpump

Seriously Rouxtjie?

post-36275-0-81635600-1389355518_thumb.jpg

The sun part is key....but huge admin and nursing exercise.....the heat of the wheel in the sun takes away all the memory the packaging had on the tyre....the longer you can do the "sun" thing the better....also when deflating and getting it ready for its stan's injection...let out little bit of air at a time...don't just unscrew the valve and let the wheel go swoooooosh. Also the tyre MUST hang when you inject and re-inflate...if the tyre touches the floor whilst you are in the process of putting stan's in or pumping up, it unsettles the bead ever so slightly and undoes all the 8 steps before.

As you can see its moerse admin and I also got gatvol of nursing kuk

I got the big t-max portable compressor for outdoor warehouse for 800 bucks....what a breeze

Seriously Rouxtjie?

post-36275-0-81635600-1389355518_thumb.jpg

Seriaas as cancer...rhythm is a dancer....IT'S THE ONLY WAY with those tyres

If you have a race the next day....you start getting desperate at about 5pm....I am giving you pearls here.

But yes...moerse admin, and like you pointed out...waste of beer drinking time

@rouxtjie - thanks! I will need to follow that soon as I need to start at step 8 again as after the work at the Engen this morning all my pre-invested sealant was all over the forecourt and surrounding cars.

Sealant looks bad at the best of times but when it's all over your clothes and hands and you have a happy but guilty look on your face things can be taken the wrong way... :oops:

Easiest set up iv'e done, Geax tires on WTB rims, you can do the set up with your hands without levers,

Most difficult, maxixs crossmark on Stans rims %^^&% battle, snapped many levers doing this.