How do you carry neccessities while riding?

feetup

How can i carry the basic necessities when mountain biking without cluttering myself or the bike?

When i started MTB some years back i used a bag then a hydration pack.

Then i did the bottle cage at the back.

I am now on a saddle bag.

I still feel like i'm over doing it?

:eek:

What have you riders got/altered or done to carry your goodies when riding?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tube taped to bottom of saddle. Bomb, 2 levers, bomb adapter and multitool in back pocket. Other pocket takes a snack with phone and a Mandela. Never needed more than that on the trail.

Depends what type of ride I go on... Also my bikes (accept for road one) don't have bottle cages.

For my +- 30km after work ride I only carry one bottle water, cell, hanky and my house keys and all goes in my shirt pockets.

Edited by hayleyearth

Depends what type of ride I go on... Also my bikes (accept for road one) don't have bottle cages.

For my +- 30km after work ride I only carry one bottle water, cell, hanky and my house keys and all goes in my shirt pockets.

You're going to have to learn how to do the snot rocket ;)

All variable go in one of these in my cycling jersey. Double seal so 100% water proof.

post-38243-1389631015,7566.jpg

great thing-where does one find that?

Anything under 30km bottle on bike,bike tool,leavers taped under seat with emergency tube and rest in pockets.over that you can't go wrong with a good camelback that's strapped on properly,you don't even know its there...and never forget electrical tape is your best friend!!!

Indeed.

Critical skill at high speeds.

MTB - long ride i take the kitchen sink in the hydration pack (even a shock pump) - overkill I know

- short ride, just a bottle of water in the cage.

Road- tube, tyre levers, chain link and tool in saddle bag.

cos I use both bikes for commuting the saddle bags with spare tubes remain permanently on.

any MTB ride, 30 - 85 km. 2 bottles with usn juice. In pockets multitool, bombs, bomb adaptor, plugs, small bottle chain lube (for okes that don't lube their chain), cell and 1 X race food. Sometimes a gu

Edited by flat29

Sies!! I will puke while trying to do that.

Also, my hanky can be used to tie around cuts/bleeding parts after a fall :whistling: