What and when to eat before a race

Paulst12

You will be surprised....trust me....try it once, you won't look back.

Replace russian with a sputnik if you don't have the stomache.

Oh forgot....my absolute best is those cinnamon doughnuts from woolies(say2-3) and a monster.

Monster gaan jou maak bewe soos 'n boere orkes

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Monster gaan jou maak bewe soos 'n boere orkes

No very lekker....loads of sugar and a bit of caffeine for skop..

Not the mega monster(the 1L), I am talking the 500ml smaller brother....

Not the mega monster(the 1L), I am talking the 500ml smaller brother....

Not for me - prefer to wash the stuff down with coffee. The last time I saw a 1L monster was at VG with monsterbombs

Yeah, the kick is a bit weak. I bolster it with a couple of shots of bioplus.

Before a race - Mixed together future life & protein + a shot of 3DT and sip on a bottle of 32Gi

During a race - 2 x 32GI's 2-3 GU's, a sandwich with peanut butter & honey, a banana & a energy bar

After a race - re-carbo load with a couple of BEERS & something to eat

I struggle to eat solids during a race. Mouth all dry is not in the mood for much.

Its ok if its a training ride and I can stop, admire the view and wash it down with lashings of Game or whateva, but during a race..? Nought. The mouth goes into reverse. Try chewing a peanut butter sarmie with no moisture to mal it over.

Need to relook my strategies

I struggle to eat solids during a race. Mouth all dry is not in the mood for much.

Its ok if its a training ride and I can stop, admire the view and wash it down with lashings of Game or whateva, but during a race..? Nought. The mouth goes into reverse. Try chewing a peanut butter sarmie with no moisture to mal it over.

Need to relook my strategies

You need liquid bread.

post-18409-0-91954300-1390226561_thumb.jpg

Before a race - Mixed together future life & protein + a shot of 3DT and sip on a bottle of 32Gi

During a race - 2 x 32GI's 2-3 GU's, a sandwich with peanut butter & honey, a banana & a energy bar

3DT has 1,3-Dimethylamylamine in it and is on the WADA list for banned substances, so I wouldn't recommend using it if you're racing for places or prize money.

3DT has 1,3-Dimethylamylamine in it and is on the WADA list for banned substances, so I wouldn't recommend using it if you're racing for places or prize money.

Uh oh...another doper.

(just kidding)

i see a lot of you drink game instead of energade or powerade, what is the reason behind this?

I like the taste of the Naartjie flavor, it's cheap as chips....and to be honest I can't tell the difference between it and the fancy smanchy 500 rand a tub stuff

Who stocks Game now? I have looked around for it but cant find it at the supermarkets........

I favour Hammer Perpeptuem for on the ride food. Find it easy on the stomach........