(Update) Absa Cape Epic: Evans and Knox penalised for unfair advantage

News bot

Was thinking the same thing yesterday while watching the finish, with their strongest competition for the African jersey winning the final stage....

What good did sulking the rest of the tour do? ...after all, don't your sponsors deserve better?

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to remember the 2014 Epic as probably the most exciting in the last 5 years. Now we have this kinder garden mud slinging crap spoiling it. They did their sponsor an injustice full stop. I am a Evans fan so it is not a "haters will hate" scenario here

1. sure, I can not make out who It was, video not clear enough, please let me know where one can see this better. Im just stating what he said as it seems to be overlooked.

2. not sure what youre getting at?

3. My point is, Im my opinion he was asked to give a report of what happened, his side of the story, not to say sorry..

All Im saying here is that there is no evidence of what else might have happened here. And that there is sense in what he was saying. If the group ahead of him did contain some "non players" who was potentially holding up a bunch of guys.

@Talus, Im just stating that without more evidence im not sure why everyone seems to just assume his (KE) account of what happened was a lie and he took the gap with Intent to cheat and be a Idiot.

Well he lied about the distance for a start and when he starts off with a lie why should anybody place any trust in his explanation?

Well he lied about the distance for a start and when he starts off with a lie why should anybody place any trust in his explanation?

It think he was refering to the 5m distance it was from the one singletrack to the other ;) If thats the lie youre refering to it might be that you are refering to different things.

The rest, Im just saying is mostly assumptions.

The fact that they stopped racing was bad form for sure. Unless they have something to rest up for.

Anyways. Its over now yes and I think Scott would have taken them as they were definately getting stronger.

So the outcome didnt change that much. They (scott) might have just robbed us of a nice "race" for the African Jersey.

surely their attitude hurts them, as in KE as a brand ?

if they gave it a full go and went on to win a few stages despite the time penalty surely they would be more "valuable" and thus find it easy to get better salaries ?

Or is it a case of the salaries are good enough already and will continue to be so in the future ?

surely their attitude hurts them, as in KE as a brand ?

if they gave it a full go and went on to win a few stages despite the time penalty surely they would be more "valuable" and thus find it easy to get better salaries ?

Or is it a case of the salaries are good enough already and will continue to be so in the future ?

Even if they tried it will show guts, if they came out bikes blazing and tried to beat the cycle pants off the Scott guys the rest of the stages it would have been far better in my view

Edited by scotty

Even if they tried it will show guts, if they came out bikes blazing and tried to beat the cycle pants off the Scott guys the rest of the stages it would have been far better in my view

and surely this does their image a lot better ? surely any other sponsor watching that, will be like " hey that attitude is something that sits with our brand, lets get them on board".

is this not something that one would want from a professional ?

1. sure, I can not make out who It was, video not clear enough, please let me know where one can see this better. Im just stating what he said as it seems to be overlooked.

2. not sure what youre getting at?

3. My point is, Im my opinion he was asked to give a report of what happened, his side of the story, not to say sorry..

He was sitting behind them in the singletrack on the climb....leading up to that singletrack was some district road no doubt, don't know how much or how far but it doesnt matter anyway. What I am getting at is that he was sitting on the outcasts wheels since they were in front of him going in the singletrack. Then they werent a problem cause they benefited him. You can't have your cake and eat it. If he wanted to be in front, he had to sit in the front leading into the singletrack where passing legally would have been ok.

Sure he gave a report and agree...it was accurate, but then his team shouldn't cry all over the social media. Take your medicine like a man.

There were no outcast riders in the group he passed, the white jerseys in the footage belong to Meerendal Songo Teams.

Would like to think that it was a case of mistaken identity on KE's part, but at the end of it all he did overtake other teams still in the race, not just his own team mates, hence the ruling upheld.

If only he had accepted his mistake and the consequences at the time before trying to apply Social Media pressure on the organizers he and his team would have saved themselves and their sponsors alot of embarrassment.

There were no outcast riders in the group he passed, the white jerseys in the footage belong to Meerendal Songo Teams.

Would like to think that it was a case of mistaken identity on KE's part, but at the end of it all he did overtake other teams still in the race, not just his own team mates, hence the ruling upheld.

If only he had accepted his mistake and the consequences at the time before trying to apply Social Media pressure on the organizers he and his team would have saved themselves and their sponsors alot of embarrassment.

Well said

Was Hermida not one of the riders ahead of him?