(Update) Absa Cape Epic: Evans and Knox penalised for unfair advantage

News bot

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the story about touching a waterbottle ?

Who did it, when and why was there a penalty?

Cant find it

A true professional will never do such a thing.

Imagine if a pro golfer thought it is ok to kick his ball to a better position.

And the audacity to do it in front of fellow competitors.

Or he is dumb.

Someone told me that if you elect to want to be able to use the cell phone chargers at the Epic this year you had to pay R599.00 for the privileged ... I recon that R250 goes into the coffers.

Joh day light robery.

Making the mistake is one thing (heat of the moment etc.). Talking BS afterwards (5m) etc. when you know there is footage - stupid or arrogant?

As a roadie, may I ask a question about the course?

Is it specifically designed/demarcated that you have to follow an exact route. Obviously if you have to pass particular points that is a defined course.

If, however, you are required to start at the bottom of a hill at a fixed point and finish at the top at a fixed point, must you follow the established track?

The track is obviously an easier route and less risky, but if you are strong and take the risks of falls and punctures, why cannot you not find your own route?

Is each switchback taped or marked so you cannot deviate? I understand the detailed route is not published for various reasons?

Am curious as to how this is implemented.

No you have to follow the track. The reason I would think is most of the route is jeep track and ox wagon tracks no they cant climb the gradients a bike can. Now if you let them get up there any way they want to, you would have half the field getting off their bikes and climbing up the steepest parts cutting all the switch backs out.

What is the story about touching a waterbottle ?

Who did it, when and why was there a penalty?

Cant find it

Rumour has it: Brandon S handed out waterbottles to the team. Got a R150k fine. I dont think it has been confirmed yet.

Rumour has it: Brandon S handed out waterbottles to the team. Got a R150k fine. I dont think it has been confirmed yet.

150K .... if that is the fine then it is rather absurd!

He isnt allowed at the Epic due to his doping ban as a rider or team manager/worker, thats their rules and he broke them.

OK, so not just a simple "I am passing you a water bottle issue"

He isnt allowed at the Epic due to his doping ban as a rider or team manager/worker, thats their rules and he broke them.

Then you have to fine the team and not the man.

Otherwise K Vermaak must make it a civil matter

Fedgroup2 (Neil Macdonald) apparently got 1 hour penalty for littering. Anyone confirm this?

Fedgroup2 (Neil Macdonald) apparently got 1 hour penalty for littering. Anyone confirm this?

Not it's not gonna end...

Neil MacDonald ‏on twitter: Seems to be double standards in this race after some bull**** penalties. Dropped a wrapper by mistake 1hr penalty!

OK, so not just a simple "I am passing you a water bottle issue"

No its not and I also heard today while waiting at 1 of the water points as 2 different team staff were talking and said that his wife swore or verbally abused at an official or jury member in a meeting earlier in the week. Also got a hefty fine.

Edited by Sworks20