Cycle Science in Broadacres Sells Fake Pinarello

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I should talk about this issue on the radio today.

What would my legal rights be though ?

I won't mention any names.

Nothing wrong with tips and advice on spotting a fake.

Just in general terms, Wyatt. Things to look out for, measures to put in to place, etc etc. Also reiterate teh difference between fake, grey and blank frames. Blanks & grey = fine. Fake = not...

Guest Karma

Niner owners: For quick response send your Niner sn to ralphe@ninerbikes.com and have it verified as genuine.

WTF was she doing in front of cycle lab though? Shouldn't even be anywhere near that name unless they're implicated, which I doubt. Yet another reason I've lost respect for CB. No effort to check the details before latching onto a story, and perfectly happy to film in front of "a cycle shop" that has nothing to do with it at all.

Its a bit like whenever there is a massive petrol price hike or something goes wrong in the petroleum industry the media films in front of a Shell branded service station even if the matter has nothing to do with Shell.

Its also likely they interviewed someone at CL for insight into the problem. There are few store that carry as much stock as CL and therefore a good story can be created without having to travel very far.

WTF was she doing in front of cycle lab though? Shouldn't even be anywhere near that name unless they're implicated, which I doubt. Yet another reason I've lost respect for CB. No effort to check the details before latching onto a story, and perfectly happy to film in front of "a cycle shop" that has nothing to do with it at all.

Maybe someone from Cycle Lab was giving then comment on the issue?

Still would like to see a local magazine test an original and a fake, give a ride report and then cut the frames open for a small insight into the construction etc.

but anyway, not really the point here...

hope the shop steps up and supplies Andrew a new original dogma every 6 months for life....

There was such a review by a hubber, and the bike used was a dogma and a dogpoo

Also I've read a few on rbr.

Maybe someone from Cycle Lab was giving then comment on the issue?

Yeah, it's a possibility. But I wouldn't put it past them. Now that Ruda & Derek aren't really doing the investigative stuff...

I just hope they don't film outside CL though. Speaking to Andrew or someone else from CL would be sufficient.

Was at Cyclelab Fourways yesterday and Devie from Carte Blanche was there with a camera crew. Heard her mention the words and definitions of a "fake" and "grey import". Seems they have latched onto this.

oooo eh eh....cycle science se kuk is in die pos.....Ruda and Derrick gaan skade maak.

I suspect they were at Cycle Lab to get an industry view from M-net's resident cycling expert, Andrew Mclean.

Nothing sinister in my mind.

There was such a review by a hubber, and the bike used was a dogma and a dogpoo

Also I've read a few on rbr.

post-8906-1396508926,7448.jpg

A SS dogpoo

You need to go straight to the big issues of the day - why is it nearly bloody impossible to find good tyres for a 26'r in Capetown these days...

Edited by marko35s

I suspect they were at Cycle Lab to get an industry view from M-net's resident cycling expert, Andrew Mclean.

Nothing sinister in my mind.

Yip, same happened when we got the show arranged around bike-jackings.

They always use Andrew.

Guest Karma

You need to go straight to the big issues of the dsy - why is it nearly bloody impossible to find good tyrrs for a 26'r in Capetown these days...

Try searching for 'tyres in Cape Town'