Sani2c 2014 Training - LATE start

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Take every 60 min a nickerball from 4am to 8pm

but follow time to make sure you do it every hour on the dot.

the sugar will give you energy to help you remember to train way in advantage and to do better time management.

Take every 60 min a nickerball from 4am to 8pm

but follow time to make sure you do it every hour on the dot.

the sugar will give you energy to help you remember to train way in advantage and to do better time management.

http://replygif.net/i/377.gif

If I was in your position I would sign up at Cadence Cycling Centre in Four Ways. Great way to get max training out of min time. Two high intensity sessions per week (Cadence classes), two tempo sessions per week (1 hour each at 75% of max heart rate) and a long ride on your bike over the weekend. I am no coach but have tried this approach and it worked for me. For professional advise call Mark Carroll on 0317672911, he owns Cadence and is a qualified coach - good luck!!

http://replygif.net/i/377.gif

Glad it wasn't just me that didn't understand that post

Glad it wasn't just me that didn't understand that post

I think there might have been a contentious reference to a previously disadvantaged confection that may raise some eyebrows.

I had to train for Ride the Rock, I got up at 4am, was on bike at 4:10 for 2 hours and still got to work. Lights and warm clothes, or then go at night, same thing. If you really want to train, you make time

Edited by Waynehans

I think there might have been a contentious reference to a previously disadvantaged confection that may raise some eyebrows.

Indeed. Bit like eeny, meeny, miny, moe.

To answer the OP, intervals twice a week (one day rest in between - maybe tempo) and LSD (4 -5 hours) on either Sat and/or Sun.

This is what I'm doing at the moment, as I'm also way behind:

Mon REST

Tue Intervals (4 X 4 mins at max effort for full interval. Try reach LT for as long as possible.)

Wed Tempo or Recovery

Thu Intervals (6 X 2 mins at max effort for full interval. Try reach LT for as long as possible)

Fri REST

Sat LSD (5 hours)

Sun Tempo or Climbing

TITS and make every training session count!!!

That is the exact opposite that he must do!

I would go for interval type training. E.g. fartleks. Hard, easy. Not a lot of moderate in between TITS.

Any one looking for a ride as my partner has pulled out?

Serious? That's unfortunate!

Don't think you'd wanna be seen with me :ph34r:, might just be career limiting.

Luckily I will recognise you and run.... :)

I did it one year on three weeks training so it can be done. Also requires a lot of walking out of the valley on day 2.

Proper high intensity intervals probably best during week - doesn't take long to get knackered if done properly and best bang for training buck, and then Suikerbos / Breedts once each weekend depending where you live.

Take it easy, adjust your expectations accordingly.

We could both wear balaclava's!!!!

I saw on twitter yesterday that FitTrack developed a late starter training programme for people who is only getting into it now. I've never seen or used a FitTrack training programme (currently on the Science2Sport one) so can't vouch for them but perhaps worth a shot.

It's not about training hard and long now but training smart and maximising the benefit you're get out of every ride. It would be best to get expert advice on exactly how to do that. All is not lost. You can still do quite a bit of work in a month.

I saw on twitter yesterday that FitTrack developed a late starter training programme for people who is only getting into it now. I've never seen or used a FitTrack training programme (currently on the Science2Sport one) so can't vouch for them but perhaps worth a shot.

I'm using the FitTrack 8 week programme, just looked at Science2Sport, pity they don't have a sample of 1 week's training, would be interesting to compare. Looks like it may be a little more detailed than FitTrack?