Warranty

Newguy100

Lets talk warranty policy's, procedures and practices..

Which bike company's are on top of their game and which are in the gutters?

Mmm, I guess its down to the circumstance...

I had a bad experience with Giant (Dragon Sports) a year ago but then again I've heard they are generally meant to be good with warranties.

Cannondale I've heard a lot of good things about.

Lightening bolt indeed!

Just curious and want to get a general idea of what sort of experiences people have had dealing with the different companies

Seen a few warranty related queries flying around on the forum

I had a bad experience with Giant (Dragon Sports) a year ago but then again I've heard they are generally meant to be good with warranties.

What was the bad experience?

Buy a Yeti, put anything Shimano (XT or XTR pref) on it, ride on Easton wheels.... and Fox suspensions and you ain't never gonna need no warranty... :ph34r:

On a more serious note, I think the BEST company in SA/World to deal with regards to warranty must be GARMIN - they don't mess you around, they honour even "Grey" imports, and they are super awesome and take complete ownership with their products.

Buy a Yeti, put anything Shimano (XT or XTR pref) on it, ride on Easton wheels.... and Fox suspensions and you ain't never gonna need no warranty... :ph34r:

On a more serious note, I think the BEST company in SA/World to deal with regards to warranty must be GARMIN - they don't mess you around, they honour even "Grey" imports, and they are super awesome and take complete ownership with their products.

Agree but what's going to happen now that they have outsourced their repair centre?

Agree but what's going to happen now that they have outsourced their repair centre?

Didn't know that ? I'd be very disappointed if they drop the ball now. Such a great product, hope they keep up their reputation.

Cannondale (Omnico in SA are the importers) is flawless. I have always had good honest replies from them with no hassles or issues.

No issue with Ghost on the first frame warranty, didnt bother claiming on the second one, had enough.

No issue with Omnico on a set of Tektro brakes on my GT a few years back.

No issues with Omnico on the Fox fork and shock on my Giant, that was in the last few weeks.

I don't believe the warranty because I have to fight with them to get replacement. If I don't fight wth them, they get away with it. Enough ! So I insurance my bike, if something happened, I let insurance people fight with them...

Omnico (GT, Cannondale, Mongoose, Schwinn) are legendary along with Silverback.

There have been hundreds of complaints about Scott right here on the hub, mostly from chainstay issues and Scott's inability to supply replacement parts timeously. I guess they under estimated the high failure rate.

I don't believe the warranty because I have to fight with them to get replacement. If I don't fight wth them, they get away with it. Enough ! So I insurance my bike, if something happened, I let insurance people fight with them...

Insurance won't cover manufacturing faults, which is what the warranty is there for.