Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just looking at that moss on the ground takes me straight back to my time in London and gives me the shivers. The weather there just sucked the blooming life out of me.

Haha, that’s the most hazardous part of my journey, forget the M3 in the rain or the diesel spills on the round about, the last 2 meters of my commute into my parking space scares me the most.

I made peace with the weather, I don’t mind the cold or the rain but prefer not to ride my scoot at night in the rain or my bicycles when it’s cold and rainy,,,

Ja, I could sort of deal with the cold and rain but the lack of sun, that killed me. Even in Summer, the sky would cloud over and turn silver. No blue like here. 

Still, mustn't grumble, eh?

Enjoy it. Have you been to Isle Of Man? 

Haha, that’s the most hazardous part of my journey, forget the M3 in the rain or the diesel spills on the round about, the last 2 meters of my commute into my parking space scares me the most.

I made peace with the weather, I don’t mind the cold or the rain but prefer not to ride my scoot at night in the rain or my bicycles when it’s cold and rainy,,,

We had a guy here at work who only ever commuted on his GS bike. I've still never met someone who did so so religiously. For the two or so years I never saw him in a car. 

He too lived by the 'there's no bad weather, only bad clothes' policy. Rain, hail, sun, wind, dead of winter, anything, there he went. I was quite jealous because I'm very much a 'fair weather' rider...

Ja, I could sort of deal with the cold and rain but the lack of sun, that killed me. Even in Summer, the sky would cloud over and turn silver. No blue like here. 

Please say the TT! Serious bucket list stuff

I have been to the Isle of Man, but not during the TT or classic TT week. Booking the ferry for bike and body has to be done well in advance and it’s all sold out for next year as an example...will probably,go to the classic though as there’s always space for that

I say "we" were supposed to ride because as I started my bike up this morning and set out the gate at about 7:30 it was misfiring on one of the cylinders, knowing something had gotten wet from the wash I wasn't very worried as it would most probably dry out and run smoothly within the first 10km's.

I stopped at the petrol station to feul up and check tyre pressure and there the f@cker wouldn't start up again, deadish battery! Had to running start and rode back home frustrated and sweating like a pig! This side of the mountain heats up early already.

A bit later in the morning we loaded the little guy's KLX and the 3 dogs on the bakkie and set of to the field behind our suburb for him to do some riding, he's been begging me all week to go.

He rode for almost an hour trying his luck, with some success, on the small ramps, he tried to wheelie but fortunately he doesn't know the entire recipe yet and he learnt that he can "meerkat"(stand up while riding).[emoji38]27276b6afc01f9947162f12db11999c7.jpg300c96bedcb852614e4ffb288958bcbf.jpge9e37df5ce909e0d9073b2b42ebf921c.jpg

So yesterday was bike cleaning day for today "we" were supposed to ride.c22a035d8e601d1ba1a5a676276c6fd9.jpg06797a96e27d8c29ab064fb7e83b84b9.jpg0d6fa255187941a2c668ae10e6283c12.jpg777cf4de8d7faf2398409b210069a1b1.jpg

Am thinking of buying a SRAD 600 here too. Can get them in pristine condition for around 35k.

I had an SRAD750 FI with Arrow pipe back in the day when they were the baas. Thing ran to 280 on the clock and I used to drag 900 fireblades....sounded like heaven..... then I grew up a bit and bought slow bikes....now back onto 4 cylinders but too scared to jaag here....100 mile an hour tops then I back off

Am thinking of buying a SRAD 600 here too. Can get them in pristine condition for around 35k.

I had an SRAD750 FI with Arrow pipe back in the day when they were the baas. Thing ran to 280 on the clock and I used to drag 900 fireblades....sounded like heaven..... then I grew up a bit and bought slow bikes....now back onto 4 cylinders but too scared to jaag here....100 mile an hour tops then I back off

This SRAD of mine is quite the mix of parts. Original bike was a accident damaged 1997 750 carb that I rode in different guises for a couple of years before retiring it for the past 5years.

It use to pull like a rocket aswell and I also got 280 on the clock with the custom top fairing I made.

Baught a complete 600 SRAD with a blown motor earlier this year and built my motor and front end over. Unfortunately I was to lazy to change the wiring loom and it seems that even though the 750 motor runs on the 600's electronics the performance isn't what it should be.

Read somewhere that there is a difference in timing between the two so I'll have to switch over that loom sometime.

7c5cdacddf7a118150ff1e19463162fa.jpgcdf60ab681543116fb8eca62ba067ad5.jpg7776b60755f537a122d21f4dd4475ea3.jpg0edab2d625b4c8f09a556221db67d9bb.jpg

Hi All

Any of you riff raff have any experience on the Honda CX500 ... may be able to pick up a bargain that needs carbs cleaned, noted that headset needed tightening (?) and something else I forgot, but will find out again.

Looking 14-16K ... waiting on mileage on engine.

This from a commuter that joins us in the afternoons, it was a failed project that he never got to.

Hairy, here’s a CX500 project done right, hope you have lots of time to read...

https://cx500forum.com/forum/build-threads/21423-1980-cx-500-caf%9D-racer-build.html#/topics/21423

Finally got my scoot back from a service and MOT, also had to have the exhaust welded due to a crack in the header area of cylinder number 2. Stainless steel exhaust so worth saving.

Commuted in the rain and 4 degrees this morning cos I missed riding so much.

This bike will be 26 years old next year, am still surprised how well it goes and how well it has stood the test of time and salty roads here. The Japanese justmdo things well. Do need to take off the swing arm at some point and Hammerite it though.

There was a bloke who rode an R1 around the world (twice around Oz). When he got back to the U.K. Yamaha stripped it to see how it held up. No appreciable wear was the result.

Can't find the article, but here's the guy.

https://www.visordown.com/features/guides/nick-sanders-advice-sportsbike-touring