Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

On 7/2/2024 at 4:55 PM, Hairy said:

Old ballie is having a laugh! Missus less than happy…..

the nature of things!

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/1/2024 at 7:59 AM, Andymann said:

I've been a bit quiet - my Dad was diagnosed with Stage 4 Brain cancer so we were going through what bikes to keep and what to let go - all the pre-DJ bikes have gone to good homes and a lot of the spares too.  I also got rid of my little 125LC as that was really for my Dad to ride - quite sad, but it has gone to a good home in CT.

There was one last bike that my Dad and I were going to build together - sadly he won't be around to see me finish it, but I'll post some pics of the progress here as we start it!

Andyman, all the best going forward. Rough time. 😢

34 minutes ago, Gnarly said:

The Lightie's race whip for this weekend at Junior Worlds in Netherlands.

WhatsAppImage2024-07-06at9_53_34PM.jpeg.795dfd8866b2516b2ca52a84f6091d78.jpeg

Congrats and best wishes to the youngster

Thanks for all the words of support.  Sadly my Dad passed away on Monday morning just 51days after he was diagnosed.  On Mothers day we still took one of the bikes our for a quick ride.  It was crazy quick.

There will still be a bike built in his memory - but for now I'm just going to focus on getting the last DJ bike ready which was also the one he bought first so that I can ride it in his memory in March next year.

Cheers,

Andy

1 hour ago, Andymann said:

Thanks for all the words of support.  Sadly my Dad passed away on Monday morning just 51days after he was diagnosed.  On Mothers day we still took one of the bikes our for a quick ride.  It was crazy quick.

There will still be a bike built in his memory - but for now I'm just going to focus on getting the last DJ bike ready which was also the one he bought first so that I can ride it in his memory in March next year.

Cheers,

Andy

Sincerest condolences to you and your family!

I'm sure his memory will live on for you through the bikes. So cool that you had that bond! 

Condolences Andy.

We had my dad around for another year after diagnosis. It was an emotional year, with the last couple of months being the worst. It's a terrible disease, and leaves lasting impressions for the people that witnessed what it does.

Focus on the good times, and do not dwell on regrets. I think the fact that you can build a bike in his memory, is a great homage.

19 hours ago, Andymann said:

Cheers,

Andy

Andy, my deepest sympathy for you and family. Words from well-wishers can never compensate for your loss but I hope you draw comfort from being part of a group here who empathise and wish you comfort and all the best

21 hours ago, Andymann said:

Cheers,

Andy

😢

all the best. Words fail. 

my mom passed from cancer more than 2 years ago, I am still battling with it . Just can’t make peace with it. 

Edited by IceCreamMan

Henry Cole is well known on this here island. Humourous guy with a few programs dealing with old vehicles and motoring related artefacts like petrol pumps etc.

just released a book. Well written and well it’s one thing I have always wanted to do. Just need lotto win. 

IMG_1295.jpeg

On 7/11/2024 at 8:24 PM, Gnarly said:

The Lightie's race whip for this weekend at Junior Worlds in Netherlands.

WhatsAppImage2024-07-06at9_53_34PM.jpeg.795dfd8866b2516b2ca52a84f6091d78.jpeg

How did he do...?

2 minutes ago, Stretched@Birth said:

How did he do...?

Go read the downhill thread 🤣🤣🤣

Free Practice P13

Qualifying P24 (Top 12 went through) 

Last Chance Qualifier P28, didn't qualify for Mains. 

Lot's of if's and but's but they don't count. Back to the drawing board. 

I was extremely proud of how well he rode.