Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

I saw a 701 at a traffic light this morning next to me......  :drool:  :drool:

First one that I have seen in person. With the sound and looks like that, who would not want one??

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a 701 at a traffic light this morning next to me......  :drool:  :drool:

First one that I have seen in person. With the sound and looks like that, who would not want one??

Yeah, I've seen one braaaping around the placeevery so often. LOVE that sound. 

I saw a 701 at a traffic light this morning next to me...... :drool: :drool:

I'd still be very torn between this and a ktm smc 690

spotted this on Gumtree ..... been working on the wife RE the bike, but do not think it will happen now (Spending cash on other "more important things" right now) .... is this a good price for the bike?

From my little knowledge I would think it is, and then if one has to ship a bike from JHB to CT is it a small fortune?

Very nice bike for the money.

https://www.gumtree.co.za/a-motorcycles-scooters/johannesburg-south/bmw-r1150gs-for-sale-current-km-is-28-000-very-good-condition-r40-000-onco-trade-in-your-klr-650/1004004839100910004836209

I've also done Pretoria to St Michaels on an R80/7 BMW. That was a lot more fun than the Guzzi - much more comfortable and the screen made is quite pleasant actually.

Maybe its time for a little trip again on the TRX.....

When living in Josie, I did day rides to that trout place outside Nelspruit....Millies I think. Sure you can buy smoked trout in Josie, but nicer to go and get it at the trout farm!

600km round trip if I remember correctly!

Did Josie Scottburgh for the night on the FZR, was a lekker ride!

Edited by Spokey

One of the back up guys, or whatever they're called, was on a 701 at the Attakwas this year. Flippen good looking bike.

Anyone know how much it cost for a replacement KTM Adventure key? When I got home from work, there was a damn stray cat in my house, and out of frustration, I threw my bike keys at him, and broke the small little piece in front of the key off. I hate that cat. Luckily I still have a spare key, and the factory key code card and key. I just dont want to do a long trip without a spare with me.

post-32956-0-14897500-1549478435_thumb.jpg

yeah, if one does it for the ride, stopping often and taking in the scenery, it certainly can be done.

Well I hooked up with skinny and jolandi and they were on thumpers too then we met jack ever 50 miles or so too so was all in all a fantastic ride.

Anyone know how much it cost for a replacement KTM Adventure key? When I got home from work, there was a damn stray cat in my house, and out of frustration, I threw my bike keys at him, and broke the small little piece in front of the key off. I hate that cat. Luckily I still have a spare key, and the factory key code card and key. I just dont want to do a long trip without a spare with me.

My car key looks like that. A spare was R2500. Cut and code at my office. There are guys on Gumtree that does it, you just wont have a branded key anymore. 

Lexx,

Sorry I can't help but 2 things:

1. Are you sure it won't work like that?

2. The wilddogs portal is full of okes who could give you advice about that. You a member? You have to join but it's free and useful.

http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php

Nope, doesn't even want to turn. Will quickly have a look. Thanks

Cats always win, surely you know that!?

Break the other tip off the other key too, and then stick the broken off tip down the ignition barrel so it rests at the bottom, should work.............

P.S: please don't do this

Saw this BMW at Garden Route Mall, George today.92abcbafe05b60830d75565d70782d1a.jpg

Nice bike 

However is it just me that worries about the increased chance of being unseated and ones crotch then coming in to contact with a rear tyre and an injury that will make a kick in the nuts look like a Xmas party?

See these Cafe's all the time.

Just wonder about the sanity of the seating position and sans mudguard...