Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

Thanks, ja, the lubrication is part of what I thought to be an issue. I remember reading somewhere that most engine wear occurs when starting due to the initial lack of lube.

I do it just because I don't want to overheat while standing still. That shouldn't happen, I know, but the lights at some paces in CT take up to 4 or 5 minutes and sitting there with the engine running just seems wasteful. I guess frustration has something to do with it too.

What bike do you have? 

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do think that BMW would have considered that the bike will be idling and standing still in their designs. 

But on the other hand, it was made to go off road, and travel the globe, so would switching it on and off twice a day make a difference? I doubt it. 

The lubrication won't "dry" away in the time that you are waiting at a traffic light. The whole system will still be warmed up, so should it not just continue where it stopped? All the cooling systems runs from your temperature. 

I saw a beautiful bike over the weekend, but can not remember its name or find it online. 

It was a BMW 1200 with the big engine blocks on the sides, but it was a street bike. With not to much fairings, solid rims etc. 

Any one know what it is called?

Ja, look, I know how expensive things are and how difficult it is to earn enough but I have come to realise that it's important to make good memories in life. To do that, sometimes one has to just jump and yes, take a risk. 

Obviously it must be well-considered and I'm not suggesting people should just indebt themselves but too much fear and hesitation can sometimes deprive one of opportunities. It's a lesson I'm trying to teach myself and it's not easy.

link of your post sent to my wife .... I will be shopping on the motorbike classifieds section for the rest of the day thank you! :P

Ja, look, I know how expensive things are and how difficult it is to earn enough but I have come to realise that it's important to make good memories in life. To do that, sometimes one has to just jump and yes, take a risk. 

Obviously it must be well-considered and I'm not suggesting people should just indebt themselves but too much fear and hesitation can sometimes deprive one of opportunities. It's a lesson I'm trying to teach myself and it's not easy.

link of your post sent to my wife .... I will be shopping on the motorbike classifieds section for the rest of the day thank you! :P

Buy a nice expensive bike. When eskom implodes you wont owe anyone anything and you will have a nice bike!! 

This one also nice:  1000 XR

2000000005.jpg

Friend of mine just got one. Traded his R1 in for an 1190R which he loved. Then someone from the other side showed him a deal on the XR. Dealer tailored him a deal that he couldn't walk away from and he hasn't been happier. Can't say enough good things about it.