Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

So.......gone and done it. Wanted one of these for about 6 years now and was never in the right place at the right time. I have bought it unseen apart from pictures and a couple of videos but having bought my ZRX from this dealer in the same manner I have every confidence in them. Bike will be delivered to South Cape and have to live in the house until I get back to SA to sort out. Lucky to have a very understanding Missus!

These pics are screen shots from the dealership website.post-52292-0-92399500-1612148848_thumb.jpegpost-52292-0-83074800-1612148885_thumb.jpeg

Edited.....sorry, duplicate pic as from an earlier post........but it is pretty!

Edited by Spokey

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So.......gone and done it. Wanted one of these for about 6 years now and was never in the right place at the right time. I have bought it unseen apart from pictures and a couple of videos but having bought my ZRX from this dealer in the same manner I have every confidence in them. Bike will be delivered to South Cape and have to live in the house until I get back to SA to sort out. Lucky to have a very understanding Missus!

These pics are screen shots from the dealership website.attachicon.gifE0D0BA3C-3F79-4025-BAF7-15BFD11285F2.jpegattachicon.gifC7E2389F-25FD-4668-A961-FD6F5705C144.jpeg

Edited.....sorry, duplicate pic as from an earlier post........but it is pretty!

Well done.It is a stunning bike and a classic.

There was a whole bunch of pics on Autotrader.

Breaking News:

34420c1534a18806accedad13941c79e.jpg

Always heard of things rattling off Harleys, but the actual key. That is a first......

These pics are screen shots from the dealership website.attachicon.gifE0D0BA3C-3F79-4025-BAF7-15BFD11285F2.jpegattachicon.gifC7E2389F-25FD-4668-A961-FD6F5705C144.jpeg

What dealer did you buy from, out of interest.

I'm in Potchefstroom till Wednesday, I'll ride it down to Groot Brakrivier and you can collect it there whenever you are back in SA [emoji12]

Always heard of things rattling off Harleys, but the actual key. That is a first......

What dealer did you buy from, out of interest.

Fire It Up in Josie. Had great service before and again now. Big Zed arrived in South Cape with a charging issue. Berto at Fire It Up had it sorted with no hassles at all. Very good after sales service IMHO.

I'm in Potchefstroom till Wednesday, I'll ride it down to Groot Brakrivier and you can collect it there whenever you are back in SA [emoji12]

Ha ha, funny guy hey, but I like your style.

I thought to ride it back myself though it would be an endurance event on the straight flat bits........but the dealer does not want to stash it for the next six weeks until I get home. Nope, a van and safely stashed in my lounge is just fine.

Edited by Spokey

Ha ha, funny guy hey, but I like your style!

I thought to ride it back myself though it would be an endurance event on the straight flat bits........but the dealer does not want to stash it for the next six weeks until I get home. Nope, a van and safely stashed in my lounge is just fine!

Aag ok then, wanted to add that I'll need a helmet, racing suit money for fuel etc..............[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji23][emoji23]

Fire It Up in Josie. Had great service before and again now. Big Zed arrived in South Cape with a charging issue. Berto at Fire It Up had it sorted with no hassles at all. Very good after sales service IMHO.

Yeah, they are quite something.

This new oil test linked to a motor warranty is also amazing. Well worth the little bit of money they charge for it too!!!

You've obviously not ridden one of these before.  An hour long ride is an endurance event on the plank seat  :ph34r: 

But that hour is amazing!  Such characterful bikes.  Congrats Spokey!  

You've obviously not ridden one of these before. An hour long ride is an endurance event on the plank seat :ph34r:

But that hour is amazing! Such characterful bikes. Congrats Spokey!

I was actually praying that he wouldn't accept my offer, because I've test ridden a 600 Yamaha once, had a quick spin on a 1000 Suzuki GSXR and then and there I knew that sport/road bikes and me will never get along well. I've almost always only had duel sport bikes and hence the reason for me using a mountain bike for cycling purposes and not a race/road bike (gave mine away after a few weeks).

You've obviously not ridden one of these before. An hour long ride is an endurance event on the plank seat :ph34r:

But that hour is amazing! Such characterful bikes. Congrats Spokey!

Thanks, yup, not known for the comfort or ease of use in town. So rides will be planned to avoid the traffic in George (such as it is) typically with a quick scoot over the Outeniqua pass and home. Even Robinsons Pass on the R328 is likely to be too far ha ha. And very bumpy anyway.

Perhaps drag it on the trailer to Killarney......now, that could be fun.

Perhaps thunder through Groot Brak to say hi to BSG.

Edited to include a Groot Brak visit.

Edited by Spokey

I was actually praying that he wouldn't accept my offer, because I've test ridden a 600 Yamaha once, had a quick spin on a 1000 Suzuki GSXR and then and there I knew that sport/road bikes and me will never get along well. I've almost always only had duel sport bikes and hence the reason for me using a mountain bike for cycling purposes and not a race/road bike (gave mine away after a few weeks).

About 4 years ago myself and 2 friends did a 1400km, 3 day offroad adventure-rally around the South Island of New Zealand (see Dusty Butt event)

We were all on Austrian Enduro bikes (KTM EXC 450-F, Husaberg FE450 and Husqvarna FE350). Very capable, but not very comfortable for 10-15hrs/day in the saddle

One of my friends came from an exclusively motorcycling background. Myself and the other came from an MTB background. The motorcyclist friend went through every effort to pad his butt to the n-th degree as he complained about how terrible enduro bike seats were.

Myself an the other MTB friend just laughed and stated that compared to an MTB saddle they're like a soft sofa :lol:

post-10758-0-35128900-1612315800_thumb.jpg

A pic from the final day, looking out at Lake Benmore. Tail packs had 5L petrol containers in as fuel stops were few and far between.

Edited by patches