Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

Grebel,

I absolutely agree with you. It's initially fun to be problem-hunting but only if you find it relatively easily. After that the sense of frustration way outweighs any sense of accomplishment. 

It's not something like a defective O-ring somewhere, is it?

No idea at this stage... I think I will give it one more go. Carb will come out again and be stripped and cleaned. I will have another look at all the seals and the connecting pipes and refit and hope for the best. 

Not going to happen right away though. Writing an exam in November so all available free time will be going into prepping for that. 

What makes it worse is that the 640 runs a BST40 which is a CV carb so there is a little bit of black magic involved in getting it to run right :D Once it is running though, they are great carbs!

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Grebel i am with you on getting frustrated. 

This morning I saw that the "hood" that covers the electronic connections of the headlight is destroyed. It feels like things are just breaking now. Worst of all is that it is not somewhere where one scratch for something. No idea how and when it went. 

I read Tom Sykes will ride BMW next year WSBK

New GS 850 in country, looks pretty sweet, but we all know NEVER buy BMW version 1 bikes

The SMR Aprilia team moving to BMW equipment yes, but they also signed Sykes at the expense of Eugene Laverty which is thee dumbest move ever IMO. Sykes is on his way down whereas Laverty after a massive injury has been doing brilliantly on the Aprilia.

Time will tell I suppose.

Bautista to ride Lorenzo's factory Ducati this weekend............