Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

Spanish Fly.  Now there's a word I haven't heard since High School.  Does Spanish Fly actually exist, or does it fall into the same classification as "My RZ50 does 180kph...."  :ph34r:

Did that stuff ever do anything ... had no experience, or did not know anyone with any experience with it ... but in hindsight it seems like something that would now be advertised on the sides of lamp posts.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did that stuff ever do anything ... had no experience, or did not know anyone with any experience with it ... but in hindsight it seems like something that would now be advertised on the sides of lamp posts.

Have you looked at lamp post lately? You can buy a love spell or even business success at every post and bridge.

Rear Linkage for the XR? 

(and now we have your home address) 

oops. Not my address, though. Still... Thanks for the heads up. 

And yeah, linkage for the XR. Swingarm that I have doesn't have one, and this looks like it's in excellent condition, with new bushings etc. 

Now just to coat the frame, and get a carb, then complete the wiring for the brake light switch and indicators. Hopefully that's all I'll need to get her built up properly. 

Will def need new tyres though. Ones I have are shot. 

Edited by Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

oops. Not my address, though. Still... Thanks for the heads up. 

And yeah, linkage for the XR. Swingarm that I have doesn't have one, and this looks like it's in excellent condition, with new bushings etc. 

Now just to coat the frame, and get a carb, then complete the wiring for the brake light switch and indicators. Hopefully that's all I'll need to get her built up properly. 

Will def need new tyres though. Ones I have are shot. 

Myles, I saved the original photo sans editing.

What's it worth to you................ :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

One of my mates got a brand new one of these for his 16th birthday (the blue and white one), that same afternoon, I get to his house, he's cutting open the silencer with a hacksaw to take out the baffle to make the bike faster.  Needless to say, his old man gave him a warm ear.  Was a little unfair though, as his old man also modifies everything with wheels that he owns.  He currently rides a 650hp V8 trike chopper.

702 ran a competition back in the day....all us ous entered and we all dreamed of winning.

Was won by a gal who is a friend of mine... I was sooo sad at not winning.

I had a Vstrom, one of the first models bought, in fact I had VIN 0000034 so the 34th Strom ever.

I loved that motorcycle and it went everywhere the GS's went. Great reliability and never missed a beat. Moz sand or Sani pass it just went. I had mag wheels and they took some big hits and never a smiley.

I would have one of these in a heartbeat if I wanted a DS bike. Essentially still the same motor and frame, new plastics and they look good.

post-52292-0-69561400-1573966154_thumb.jpegpost-52292-0-26023300-1573966177_thumb.jpegpost-52292-0-17963300-1573966198_thumb.jpeg

The little KLR receives a rear spring mod to match the upgraded front bouncy bits. The shock is still fine so a heavy duty spring has been installed. The bikes sits really well now and the handling is so much improved.

Still not a 601 or 690, but the savings between one of those and the new bouncy bits is straight into the T700 fund!

There's one of these for sale on TradeMe - I'd never heard of them so had a google.

When I'm rich and my garage needs filling I think I might have to hunt one down - you can see where the XT500 came from...

https://silodrome.com/yamaha-sc500/

Love this quote: It shook its steering head like a dog coming out of a swimming pool and the rear end hopped around like the frame had a hinge in the middle. All things considered, the only thing this bike did right was not leak around the gas cap.”