Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

So have been looking at replacing my slip-ons for something more suitable for a twin (ie I want to wake the neighbour's up on a Sunday morning ;) ).

Have narrowed it down to either:

Cone Engineering shorty performers, or

SC-Project 70s Conical shorty

A difference of approx 20% in price in favour of the Cone's but the SC-Project look a hell of a lot better and have a more refined sound. Both are stainless steel.

Cone...

Cone.png.f482c026119b93d171dcee5f320f2f9b.png

SC Project..

SC.jpg.eb28e9ed9cfb7a6a77fd9d5c61febcde.jpg

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just over 2 weeks until Dakar kicks off.

Gonna be interesting to see if KTM can get top spot again after honda marred their 18yr record with 2 back-to-back wins. They have a strong team with Mathias and Toby, plus bribing over last years winner Kevin Benavides to ride for the big-money team.

I'm also intrigued to see how Sam Sunderland goes on the GasGas (essentially a KTM), as he leads that team.

Wonder how Pablo Quintanilla is going to do on the red machines. I was bummeb when he parted Husky and I was so hoping he'd take a win with them, one of these years. But yeah, such is life!

Yo yo yo Riff Raff

Took the HD to https://www.downtownsa.co.za/ this morning for them to service the fork .... my freaking word, what a difference it has made to the ride. She sits better in corners, smooth as silk and she sits better under hard acceleration.

All in R770.00 for the service and oil .... recon that is prob cheaper than a mtb fork service :P

Then he also has an immaculate first edition HD Fat Boy (No. 4135/5000) ...... she is drop dead sexy.

29 minutes ago, Thug said:

Parts which I ordered from Motone Customs arrived.

8274A389-9BC8-41D0-AC32-98B95DCB5BC7.jpeg.5464e59aca94d183015155f64e8c901d.jpeg

And fitted…

3BBAC647-F657-4EBC-8B73-35943D0F070B.jpeg.cbdc01b4602cfa7ea561dfe6230bf1cc.jpeg

9A57E916-F4A9-4D67-9BAB-930A7481F68E.jpeg.8f9009bcd7259e777d28776cd177bb9e.jpeg

I ordered the X-pipe from Australia but there aren’t any flights at the moment, so it’s sitting at the Courier. 

Those look great, but please align that one screw head

image.png.8ef5a45b48dd66bfb7968cf43ee68bc9.png

On 12/18/2021 at 10:20 AM, Hairy said:

I like to think of it as attention to detail :P

He he maybe a lesson to use allen heads or why phillips was invented 🙃. I thought that was a woodworking thing so we learn but how do you line up the slots if you torque the fasteners (maybe that is anal for screws)?  Grind a little off the thread?

3 hours ago, mazambaan said:

He he maybe a lesson to use allen heads or why phillips was invented 🙃. I thought that was a woodworking thing so we learn but how do you line up the slots if you torque the fasteners (maybe that is anal for screws)?  Grind a little off the thread?

2 of three fixings achieved correct torque .............. #NotMyProblemButPleaseSortItOut@Thug

Quick update in the Fat Bob's suspension.

So I have (At least I think so) dialed in the suspension now (Not that it is incredibly complex or sophisticated) with the spanner from HD Gold Rand and the service by Down Town on the fork.

Took a spin through the Durbanville hills via Melkbos from Table View to Black Sheep Bikes ..... slight round about route :)

My freaking word, the bike is just so much better at speed and in the turns. The difference is night and day. I thought I liked the bike before, I know I love the bike now.

The last time I went to Black Sheep on the HD, I had to crawl along the messed up road with the way the shocks and fork were setup, this morning I was gearing up and riding the freaking road .... a clear sign the bike was poorly setup before.

That's my noob feedback/update on my bike.