That moment when.....

gummibear

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The moment, after picking grass out of your teeth, when you realise that your mates won't believe that you were "just trying to do a stoppie"..... :blush:

...after watching the clock the whole day, you realize you can finally leave the office and go pack to leave for tomorrow's race!

When you are in the air launching of a drop, a gust of wind from the side grabs hold of the bike and you know this will not end well.. . .

And afterwards when it's confirmed

I think you just summed up my Berg and Bush day 2 experience on the Bell run 

Absolutely nailing a race, knowing that your time is one of your best ever, that everything just fell together perfectly, except that your timing chip is still at home.

That moment when you're dog tired yet trying to push for a good time on one of your best trails, then reverting to your previous brake orientation and grabbing a handful of front brake. In the middle of the corner.

Guest notmyname

That moment when you're dog tired yet trying to push for a good time on one of your best trails, then reverting to your previous brake orientation and grabbing a handful of front brake. In the middle of the corner.

That's the "washed out dust gobbler".

That moment when your wheels start sliding sideways under you as you take a turn in the wet and understand why the Marshal was shouting "Do not ride on the yellow line!!!"

That moment when you take out your spare tire, blow some air into it to get its shape and you hear some hissing......

... while the transaction is being processed, you start packing shopping in your rucksack and see your bike lock is at the bottom of your bag, not outside on your bike.

That moment when you upgrade your look pedals, and your cleats don't fit,

because they have changed the standard :eek:

Tonight I went on my usual night ride around the sugar estate with a mate of mine. Haring down a straight dirt road with one beam on, a West African Black Cobra (I'm in Nigeria) lying flat and still across the road jumps into my vision in the beam of light about 2 metres directly in front of me. I yell. I hop. My mate reckons it's a stick of sugar cane. We turn back- no sticks on the road Boet! That was an effing snake! The moment? The hop. The SNAKE hop! Or was it the moment I saw the snake? Two moments then, within a split second.

Edited by Yang