Who else is sick at the moment?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While working, I'm self employed, I tore a muscle on my ribcage. Can't gym, can't ride, even farting is painfull.

How did you manage that??

How did you manage that??

Stretching in a way I have never before. The phisio even said thats only the second time she have seen such an injury.

Me...and it sucks...going on 3 weeks now. Horrible

feel your pain. ...eventually gave up and went to see the quack to get some poison to put into my body, in the hope that it will actually help.

Soooo, with summer having started in Jhb, i was thinking that i was going to get through this winter without getting sick or taking antobiotics or even spending a day feeling crappy.

THEN, the Dentist prescribes me a course of antibiotics (for inflammation in my gums, FFS).  "It's OK", i thought to myself, it'll be over in a week...and i stopped all exercise (just to be safe).

Finish the course of ABs and i notice that my stomach is a little tender.  "Just a side-effect of the ABs", methinks and just about simultaneously with that thought i get whacked with the stomach bug from hell that's going around.  Even missed nissan race on sat that i was properly amped for.

Like a 5 year old, i had to take a day off work for it and - get this - i still feel like crap.  I fully understand why women complain about morning sickness.  

Anyways, holding thumbs that the POS bug is now exiting the body finally (pun intended). 

• 2 weeks later...

Not sick as such but woke with a bit of a stiff neck this morning.

After kitting up and taking my bike down the street for a 200meter ride I gave up and came back. Hoping the anti-inflammatory works and I'll ride later . . .

Arrived in JHB last Friday morning. Woke up on Saturday with a scratchy throat, then Monday with a head cold. Blocked nose , ears etc...

Throat is feeling good again, nose gets blocked at times but generally better.

Back to Durban on Sunday and I hope this bug stays behind.

Yup...snotty, sore throat, headaches, stuffy nose....etc...got it from the wife who in tern gave it to both kids then onto me...bleh :nuke: 

Edited by AlanD

Yup...snotty, sore throat, headaches, stuffy nose....etc...got it from the wife who in tern gave it to both kids then onto me...bleh :nuke: 

mums are good at sharing sweets, bath water, space under the blankets when watching tv in the evenings and now apparently, head-colds.