Who else is sick at the moment?

I am not sick. Just use this thread to motivate myself to ride in winter...

GLAD mine lasted about 4 or 5 days only ....

Friends, family and most at work was sick during the last two months.  I used to get sick for about 7 to 10 days, and then take weeks for my airways to properly clear up. (but then I was unfit)

VERY very glad I healed up so soon this time. (was it just luck, or did it help that I am fitter now ?)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Turns out it is H1N1 virus. Extremely high fever and low blood pressure accompanying the respiratory infection. Have to stay home until 31 July. Shots, anti-viral meds, cough syrup and anti-emetics seem to be helping some

Take it easy and get well soon.

I tell you what; I'm sick of crashing my bike. Went down really hard yesterday. Really sick of falling.

I hit a van face first 8 weeks or so ago and the bit where I had stitches, between my nose and my top lip, is still numb. Sick of trying to talk with a thick lip!

Blackout from sneezing???

I'm not a medical professional, but think you should go see one...

Sounds like it was caused by pressure.

No idea how or why, but would happen at every sneeze.

But since Friday, it stopped. The pain associated with the sneezing has abated as well.

Still have a red larynx and still a lot of snot, oh and tummy is not happy with me, but feeling much better today.

The SO on the other hand sounds far worst than yesterday...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

i was proper sick for a week at the beginning of this month.

Pretty nuts fever, absolutely crazy headache and burning eyes, with a nose that felt like i had snorted cement.

Been doing nothing exerting for 3 weeks, because although i am symptom free (apart from this damn blocked nose) i still feel off, decided i had had enough and NEEDED to go for a ride.

Took a chilled ride, but man, there is still something lurking inside, i felt terrible.

Like bonking, but after a ride that would get me the opposite of a PB.

My mind wants to fly, but my body can only crawl.

When ever I get a snotty/ runny nose, I take Antihistamines. Clears up completely.

Broken bones is a different story, going on 4 months out of action.

i was proper sick for a week at the beginning of this month.

Pretty nuts fever, absolutely crazy headache and burning eyes, with a nose that felt like i had snorted cement.

Been doing nothing exerting for 3 weeks, because although i am symptom free (apart from this damn blocked nose) i still feel off, decided i had had enough and NEEDED to go for a ride.

Took a chilled ride, but man, there is still something lurking inside, i felt terrible.

Like bonking, but after a ride that would get me the opposite of a PB.

My mind wants to fly, but my body can only crawl.

dude, it it's that thing i had, please take care of yourself.  Everyone in my fam and at the office had it and it TAKES WEEKS TO RECOVER.

waking up every morning feeling like someone punched you in the face...for weeks.

good luck

• 2 months later...

Not sick but in bed on my back for 2 days now. Only position that's vaguely comfortable. Sciatic nerve pain in my butt and leg is driving me up the wall. Don't see myself cycling for a while.

Not sick but in bed on my back for 2 days now. Only position that's vaguely comfortable. Sciatic nerve pain in my butt and leg is driving me up the wall. Don't see myself cycling for a while.

I get a mild case of this every so often. Sometimes when driving long distance.

"Ass-Cramp"

I get a mild case of this every so often. Sometimes when driving long distance.

"Ass-Cramp"

Fark is that what it is. I get is sometimes. Absolute agony

• 2 weeks later...