Who else is sick at the moment?

+1 sinus struck after tour Durban. Spent the last 8km of the race turning myself inside out to get sub 3:30 and i think that was just one to much for the immune system to handle

Did you make your sub 3:30?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

+1 sinus struck after tour Durban. Spent the last 8km of the race turning myself inside out to get sub 3:30 and i think that was just one to much for the immune system to handle

Sometimes either a big effort or a lazy day on the sofa seems to be enough to break the immune system. I often feel rough the first few days of a holiday, just because I've been running on max for a while.

Sometimes either a big effort or a lazy day on the sofa seems to be enough to break the immune system. I often feel rough the first few days of a holiday, just because I've been running on max for a while.

Couldn't agree more. I had just finished my Last long ride, and it would be Tapering all the way to the start of 36One, But just that one Rest day, and BOOM, Influenza got me....

Did you make your sub 3:30?

Yeah (3:26) just just thanks to a momentous effort from a random guy pulling me for most of the last 10 or so kays. Did last 8 in just shy of 13min.    

I was just beginning to think that I dodged a major bullet as most of the family and colleagues had come down with something in the past month. I avoided like the proverbial plague anyone who just looked like they might sneeze in my direction, needless to say not happy to join this thread! 

Yeah (3:26) just just thanks to a momentous effort from a random guy pulling me for most of the last 10 or so kays. Did last 8 in just shy of 13min.

Fantastic, it makes the post race sickness soooo worth it!!

• 2 weeks later...

Sore throat and sneezing today :-(

Not a good sign . . . . .

I had that two weeks ago (exactly) and have not been able to ride since.

At least I am no longer producing green stuff from my lungs. Will try and ride gently from tomorrow.

I had that two weeks ago (exactly) and have not been able to ride since.

At least I am no longer producing green stuff from my lungs. Will try and ride gently from tomorrow.

We were JUST getting back into it after months off the bike.

So annoyed!

Me, I am a sick of not being able to ride due to outside factors.. also I have a sore throat and feeling rather crappy today.????