joberg2c 2015

DIPSLICK

The Event was incredible, hands down amazing!

Riding, organisation, food, weather - it all worked out perfectly.

Did it solo and loved every minute.

Managed 10th overall and 5th solo - stoked with that on a HT.

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Dipslick still alive / riding ?

He was alive at the finish... now he is on holiday....

I suspect he suffered a bit (being either too tired or lazy to check his own seeding on the last night... (it's ok Dips - I am happy to help)) , but he got there... as did Andrew S.....

I see david george is riding...and his team is....wait for it....

The GEAR exhange.....dum dum dum dishhhhhhhhhhhh

For me, any results he gets / had before is all hollow eventhough he did his time. Wish j2c had the same policy as the epic wrt ex-dopers.  :thumbdown:

Didn't read through all the posts but Pieter Seffert should be mentioned as well. Cheat!!!

I must say seeing Dave George there and competing for the podium left a sour taste in my mouth. I will never be able to look at him and dont think: "What a F'ing cheat!!!"

I dont mind letting the oke ride the event, but they must make a rule that if you have ever been caught for doping you cannot compete for any prize money. Then we will really know that he is there for the love of riding and not something else!

I must say seeing Dave George there and competing for the podium left a sour taste in my mouth. I will never be able to look at him and dont think: "What a F'ing cheat!!!"

I dont mind letting the oke ride the event, but they must make a rule that if you have ever been caught for doping you cannot compete for any prize money. Then we will really know that he is there for the love of riding and not something else!

how did him standing on the podium at prize giving go down...can't imagine too well...maybe one slow clap from the back of the tent

Awesome event, would really recommend it to anybody looking at a challenging, yet achievable goal  :thumbup:

Bled on day 1 & 2 as I had some knee issues related to setup, but once I got that right it was a whole lot easier out there. We rode to finish and enjoy ourselves - seldom burning any matches (I've got 30 unused Gu's if anyone is looking :blush:)

Days were varied and the terrain changed throughout, from long districts roads to awesome proper all out mountain biking :thumbup: Almost everything was rideable, we maybe walked 200/300metres in total over the 900kms - nobody likes pushing their bike!

Organisation on a whole was top notch, a few minor things to tweak and think about, but the race villages are proper impressive and the famous water points did not disappoint  :drool:

Dips was a lekker supportive team mate (and a bloody Yster considering his knee pains!) - we had many laughs, the odd challenge, but overall just a pretty great time trekking our under-trained asses to the coast.

Will definitely do another one in the next few years  :thumbup:

He was alive at the finish... now he is on holiday....

I suspect he suffered a bit (being either too tired or lazy to check his own seeding on the last night... (it's ok Dips - I am happy to help)) , but he got there... as did Andrew S.....

Nice to meet you and well done on your ride, you always looked at the finish as though you had been on a Sunday stroll  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

I guess training pays  :blush: 

Must go do a proper beer sometime soon  :thumbup:

Nice to meet you and well done on your ride, you always looked at the finish as though you had been on a Sunday stroll  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

I guess training pays  :blush: 

Must go do a proper beer sometime soon  :thumbup:

It's the shower and 3 or 4  beers we had time for before you got in.... and 15 hours more recovery in total... :) makes a big difference - respect to the lads who ground it out day in and day out.... you guys were way off the back markers even - you even clipped my brother and his teammate :)

Awesome event, would really recommend it to anybody looking at a challenging, yet achievable goal  :thumbup:

Bled on day 1 & 2 as I had some knee issues related to setup, but once I got that right it was a whole lot easier out there. We rode to finish and enjoy ourselves - seldom burning any matches (I've got 30 unused Gu's if anyone is looking :blush:)

Days were varied and the terrain changed throughout, from long districts roads to awesome proper all out mountain biking :thumbup: Almost everything was rideable, we maybe walked 200/300metres in total over the 900kms - nobody likes pushing their bike!

Organisation on a whole was top notch, a few minor things to tweak and think about, but the race villages are proper impressive and the famous water points did not disappoint  :drool:

Dips was a lekker supportive team mate (and a bloody Yster considering his knee pains!) - we had many laughs, the odd challenge, but overall just a pretty great time trekking our under-trained asses to the coast.

Will definitely do another one in the next few years  :thumbup:

Well done andrew and dips...great stuff considering the injuries you guys were carrying. Respect

He has served his ban, and considering the fact that he is on SAIDS high priority list, I'm willing to bet he competes clean... so given his finish, then well done to him. Shows you can do these types of events without drugs... just takes a little bit more training.

It's the shower and 3 or 4  beers we had time for before you got in.... and 15 hours more recovery in total... :) makes a big difference - respect to the lads who ground it out day in and day out.... you guys were way off the back markers even - you even clipped my brother and his teammate :)

Yeah, must say it was nice to get "stronger" as we went along - watching guys finish 2/3/4 hours later was sobering  :eek:

How you doing? Real pity about your health... sorry man  :(

Much better. I have just come off the dope.

These things happen. I'm pleased you had a good ride. The atmosphere looked fantastic.

What an absolutely awesome ride!!! I am having serious withdrawal symptoms at work this morning.

My event went very well with the odd mechanical here and there. I rode as a solo rider and came in 78th overall. I am very happy with that.

The organisation and vibe at the event was amazing and I met some awesome people along the way.

I am already figuring out how I am going to pay for next years event.

Work harder...you shouldnt be on the Hub after slacking off the whole of last week ;)