@bicycleasshole and @wattagenitro

fandacious

Fedgroup remain pretty quiet about all this.

I imagine they're busy tearing up next year's contracts. Or is it pushing 'Delete' these days?

Probably better to sponsor races than riders. Let's hope that Berg and Bush (and others) win out of this. But probably not.

Edited by davetapson

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't there be a conflict of interest there?

it depends - they were representing kevin in his personal capacity, no ties to fedgroup. So if its purely individuals, then no. If it was a fedgroup thing, then possibly, yes

From other thread. Guys were listing a bunch of MTBer who have been busted.

Brandon Stewarts name popped up, and as the only SA guy on said list I asked who he rode for:

Gen, on 02 July 2014 - 04:24 , said:

His current team Fedgroup Itec. Somewhere there is a thread about it.

My reply:

Thanks, I'll go look for it.

I'm not too current with the pro MTB scene, but is that not the same team that this whole Twitter debacle was about yesterday?

From other thread. Guys were listing a bunch of MTBer who have been busted.

Brandon Stewarts name popped up, and as the only SA guy on said list I asked who he rode for:

Gen, on 02 July 2014 - 04:24 , said:

His current team Fedgroup Itec. Somewhere there is a thread about it.

My reply:

Thanks, I'll go look for it.

I'm not too current with the pro MTB scene, but is that not the same team that this whole Twitter debacle was about yesterday?

The erm fuss on here was the rider who tested positive for EPO in 2012 was David George him and Kevin Evans rode together for Nedbank 360life, immediately after his positive test Nedbank cut all ties, Kevin Evans then joined Fedgroup and rode with Brandon Stewart who later tested positive for testosterone.

I think I have my ducks in a row ;)

Edited by Gen

Ok ok, thanks. Think I got it...

If both his last two teamies were implicated in being naughty, then surely one would expect people to start asking questions?

Or am I missing something here?

If both his last two teamies were implicated in being naughty, then surely one would expect people to start asking questions?

Yeah with all this doping all over it is very very hard to believe any of the pros are riding clean..

Perhaps Kevin just has really bad luck with partners.

As previously mentioned there is nothing wrong with asking questions. But questioning if someone has taken drugs and insinuating that someone has taken drugs are very different.

Also if you're going to ask these questions, at least have the balls and respect to ask the same questions in your real name when on social media and also be prepared to ask the exact same questions in person.

So, I was riding to work this morning and a thought occurred to me.

KE is obviously prepared to pay to defend his rep. Emma, as sweet as she looks, I'm sure doesn't send letters for free.

So. How about this.

KE can go on a polygraph and be questioned regarding drug use - as in 'Have you ever used performance enhancing drugs?'.

If he fails, then he can claim that polygraphs are k@k and we can draw our own conclusions. If not, the offending tweeters can make a public apology and we pay R10k to his favourite charity.

I'll fork in the first R1k.

Whatsay?

KE is obviously prepared to pay to defend his rep. Emma, as sweet as she looks, I'm sure doesn't send letters for free.

So. How about this.

KE can go on a polygraph and be questioned regarding drug use - as in 'Have you ever used performance enhancing drugs?'.

If he fails, then he can claim that polygraphs are k@k and we can draw our own conclusions. If not, the offending tweeters can make a public apology and we pay R10k to his favourite charity.

Whatsay?

I'll bite

So. How about this.

Whatsay?

i got a brilliant guy who does voice stress poly,,,its used by SARS,SAPS,AND INSURANCE COMPANIES :ph34r:

So. How about this.

Whatsay?

lance laughed @ polygraphs - he reckons he could fool them in his sleep

it depends - they were representing kevin in his personal capacity, no ties to fedgroup. So if its purely individuals, then no. If it was a fedgroup thing, then possibly, yes

Okay, I've had this clarified by the legal eagles.

They hold no instructions from Brandon, but 'at no point did we discuss "taking on" Brandon Els on Mr Krige's behalf'.

Edited by Tumbleweed

Okay, I've had this clarified by the legal eagles.

They hold no instructions from Brandon, but 'at no point did we discuss "taking on" Brandon Els on Mr Krige's behalf'.

I'd like to clarify here

Tamsyn de beer called me back to say that her client (kevin) hadn't said anything negative and she didn't know who brandon els was.

She then said that if I like, I can send her the info, and she will follow it up, as they don't represent him. I told her not to worry, as its not really worth my time

I never spoke to emma at any point - I only dealt with tamsyn de beer.

it would seem there is a communication gap somewhere...

Edited by fandacious

I'd like to clarify here

Tamsyn de beer called me back to say that her client (kevin) hadn't said anything negative and she didn't know who brandon els was.

She then said that if I like, I can send her the info, and she will follow it up, as they don't represent him. I told her not to worry, as its not really worth my time

I never spoke to emma at any point - I only dealt with tamsyn de beer.

it would seem there is a communication gap somewhere...

What I posted is from Tamsyn.