@bicycleasshole and @wattagenitro

fandacious

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually cannot believe my eyes. I have looked at the twitter war and really, I mean really are our Pros such little girls? One or two "edgy" tweets and they run to lawyers? Grow up. When you decide to become a Pro you KNOW people will judge you. YOU chose a “suspect sport” to make a living. After all you are too happy to take the good things that come with being a pro, but get all itchy when the bad comes along. Its going to happen! It is going to happen again, and again…. Rather learn to deal with it that get aggressive everytime. For every 8 people who are fanboys 2 will dislike you…. Its fact.

It like the Kardashians crying because the paparazzi bother them... really man.

Imagine Chris Froome had to react like this every time somebody tweeted him about doping? (lets ignore his Mrs’ tweeting for a second) Everybody would be up in arms and compare the reaction to that of Lance’s bully tactics. I think the reasons Chris and the likes don’t react like that is that they let their legs do the talking.

Regardless of which “civilian” tweeted what, the way the Pro’s have reacted on twitter has just added to doubts people have about local pro cleaness…..

Maybe they should spend some of that Emma money on her training on “how to behave on social media” and not threaty letters.

If someone in my company reacted like they did on our companies behalf on a public forum, there would be swift action against those employees.

I am sure Itec and Fedgroup are more worried about how their athletes reacted than the original tweet that would have gotten lost in the twitterverse if it was ignored.

These little hissy fits are very entertaining though.

Edited by Patchelicious

A bit of a fruitless exercise if you want to make opinions you trolly want to be seen.

True. The whole idea of protecting tweets is pointless, but in this case I guess it's as a result of a cease & desist.

"So next time you keyboard crusaders are keen to join a social media witch hunt, think about how much real damage you are possibly doing to your fellow cyclists and cycling in general." Maybe the pros who keep testing positive are more to blame for the damage to the sport rather than some guys on twitter.... "Its the media's fault politicians are portrayed as corrupt"

Edited by Patchelicious

u got roll with the punches in this life..school yard stuff here the past couple of days.

Yep. I'd much rather put my tail between my legs than spend a few thousand on a case I don't even feel that strongly about.

The only winner in this tale will be Emma.

In hindsight it would have been better to have kept quiet.

In future I'll try and follow the excellent advice Eldron has dispensed on this thread.

no shame in not wasting your time or energy on a pointless exercise.

I have done the same.

As you said, lawyers are the only winners here.

"So next time you keyboard crusaders are keen to join a social media witch hunt, think about how much real damage you are possibly doing to your fellow cyclists and cycling in general." Maybe the pros who keep testing positive are more to blame for the damage to the sport rather than some guys on twitter.... "Its the media's fault politicains are portrayed as corrupt"

More to blame, less to blame - does it matter? They're both to blame which surely doesn't give the "guys on Twitter" free license to say what they want and worsen the situation?

So hypothetically Jules, Krige & Co can tell a young pro who just lost a sponsorship deal after their sponsor read their Tweets and comments here, that it's not their fault, but actually Evan's / Armstrong / Ulrich / Impey's fault?

So next time you keyboard crusaders are keen to join a social media witch hunt, think about how much real damage you are possibly doing to your fellow cyclists and cycling in general.

Yeh - i think pro cyclists do a lot more damage to themselves than any joe public could ever hope to do

Secondly, pro cyclists doping are the ******* who prevent the up and coming guys from getting a sponsor, because they are seen as not good enough.

Tell me again who's hurting cycling?

If it make u guys feel better i dont spend a cent on any MTB team or race sponsors, If you can buy a 90K rig u dont need my cash.

I may have it wrong, but if Fundacious had said this on twitter it may have be acceptable. "so, theres a SA Pro, who, once rode on the same team as Armstrong(who was found guilty and admitted to doping), has had an adverse finding. he claims he is innocent, Makes me wonder..."

... pro cyclists doping are the ******* who prevent the up and coming guys from getting a sponsor, because they are seen as not good enough.

This statement makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

This statement makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

sorry - it might be a little unclear.

Say i'm a up and coming youngster (hahaha), and im racing my balls off, but i'm just not making the grade because I cant effectively compete against pro's who are already there and who are doped to the gills.

Thats what pisses me off