• Ridley Scott
    • M. Night Shyamalan
    • Steven Spielberg
    • Quentin Tarantino
    • Orson Welles
    • Edgar Wright
    • Michael Bay

Guest EdEdEd

http://actfourscreenplays.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/seven-ending-box.jpg

Whats in the box?

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://posterwire.com/wp-content/uploads/silence_of_the_lambs.jpg

Watched this one a few days ago properly for the first time since high school. Now at a "more mature age" that I can look beyond the shocking stuff we giggled about as a teenager, what a brilliant movie and brilliant acting! I was blown away..

And Se7en, still one of my all time favourites... Guess I prefer my movies not to have cheesy happy endings

I have not read through this whole thread but if nobody has said The Big Lebowski then this thread is pointless and should be shut down.

Indeed, I am also a big fan of Clint Eastwood, Million Dollar baby was heart breaking, possibly one of his better movies ever and thats saying something. Of course he was supreme in the Dirty Harry movies, "Go Ahead, make my day" is still legendary.

I find the movies today boring, I dont like computer generated special effects rubbish like we see today, it seems a solid story line and good acting like we saw in "Full Metal Jacket, Apocalypse Now, The Deerhunter, The last of the Mohicans, The Shawshank redemption and the like are simply not made anymore, in my opinion most of today's movies are mindless, popcorn munching, soda slurping time wasters, I cant think of one I have seen in the last year I could rate up there with say "The Shawshank redemption or Million Dollar Baby ".

got to disagree with you there Grumpy..generally, maybe...but there are still classics being made annually.....you unfortunately mostly dont see them at the oscars

short term 12 which came out last year was excellent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhS6tvSb0UQ

there was also her, 12 years a slave...and thats just last year

EDit: The other thing is that there is a trend happening where the silver screen is actually growing and hollywood is declining. More emphasis is being focused on TV and less on full feature films...movies will always be more popular, but the gap is not as big as it used to be

Edited by Stretch

Guest EdEdEd

I have not read through this whole thread but if nobody has said The Big Lebowski then this thread is pointless and should be shut down.

If all the good movies could be mentioned in 4 pages it would have been senseless to start a thread in the first place

If all the good movies could be mentioned in 4 pages it would have been senseless to start a thread in the first place

Yeah but that movie would really tie the thread together.

Guest EdEdEd

then post it :thumbup:

I have not mentioned 1 of my favourite movies yet

Naahhh, go ahead and report me but that movie didn't do anything for me :ph34r: