• Martin Scorsese
    • Ridley Scott
    • M. Night Shyamalan
    • Steven Spielberg
    • Quentin Tarantino
    • Orson Welles
    • Edgar Wright
    • Michael Bay

in my defense I asked what everyone thought about interstellar and there was no response

i haven't watched it ....but I'm not a big nolan fan (except for memento)

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

really? I must be the only one who enjoyed it

I'm not really a sci-fi fan, but the first 2,5 or so hours weren't bad, but that last half an hour ruined it for me.

Nope. I enjoyed it, but the cinema's audio let us down. Couldn't make out half the dialogue, and the masterpiece of a soundtrack was constantly distorted. 

Really need to watch it on the TV at home now. With MY sound. 

i haven't watched it ....but I'm not a big nolan fan (except for memento)

My wife is big on bollywood. We mostly just stream off Putlocker instead of downloading these days. So one night I meet her halfway on this title

http://mimg.sulekha.com/hindi/ghajini/images/wallpaper/1024-768/ghajini-posters05.jpg

Its a remake of nolan's momento.

One of the few titles without any dance scenes with hot indian girls I actually enjoyed.

Is the main character a bit backward  :rolleyes:

Or a bit constipated, check out that kop vein ( :ph34r: )

We discussed Interstellar a few pages back.. also thought it was klomp kaka..

But hey different strokes.

Thanks to load shedding last night I got to watch Big Hero 6 - DVD on laptop - and I'm sure I'll be watching it a few more times with the kids once it arrives on DSTV. I missed some of the subtle humour (only adults get) that you'd normally associate with animated movies, or maybe it was that I was so tired I never really noticed.

Compared to other recent animations I've watched, this one was a little disappointing. Maybe it will change after I've seen it a few times.

Thanks to load shedding last night I got to watch Big Hero 6 - DVD on laptop - and I'm sure I'll be watching it a few more times with the kids once it arrives on DSTV. I missed some of the subtle humour (only adults get) that you'd normally associate with animated movies, or maybe it was that I was so tired I never really noticed.

Compared to other recent animations I've watched, this one was a little disappointing. Maybe it will change after I've seen it a few times.

I really enjoyed that..

The kids have a movie day at school on Friday and they will be watching it again.

Thought this thread got closed down... or was that another 'movie thread'?  :oops:

Will get that big hero 6 dvd over the weekend. 

Asterix, Tintin and those A5 army comics were my poison growing up

Asterix & Obelix insert in the Sunday Times magazine with Lucky Luke at the back :clap:

It's actually a great movie. It has a real nice story and a real 'Japanese/manga' feel. The characters are well developed. Pay attention to Fred, really nicely done, although not a university scholar, very intelligent for the 'doper'. Hiro Hamada, the main character, also, seriously well thought out.

This movie has inspirations in Japanese manga as I mentioned, so you might find it a very much not like a Disney or Dreamworks type animation, however, this is a great movie, you should've seen it on the big screen, it was awesome. One of the only animation movies, other than Toy Story and Robots, which i can watch over.

Big Hero 6 was okay I guess. 

Personally, besides lego movie I don't think there's been anything praiseworthy since this

http://www.hddmw.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/cover.Wreck-It.Ralph_.2012.jpg

The attention to detail of the arcade machines, plugs, cables, surge-protector and more made Wreck-it Ralph such a cool animation. I guess the story is very similar to other movies, but the way it was presented was really cool.

Bad Guy affirmation: "I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be then me."

My kids are currently hooked on this animation:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/58/Mr_Peabody_%26_Sherman_Poster.JPG

Edited by geraldm24

The attention to detail of the arcade machines, plugs, cables, surge-protector and more made Wreck-it Ralph such a cool animation. I guess the story is very similar to other movies, but the way it was presented was really cool.

Bad Guy affirmation: "I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be then me."

My kids are currently hooked on this animation:

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTkxMzM0NzcwN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzk1MjMzMTE@._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg

It's a lovely movie.