No Daryl Impey for Tour de France - Positive Test Result

shifter

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They're not but when it's a guy that a lot of us have met and ridden with it's a bit more personal than when a faceless euro gets done.

I understand the disappointment, I feel it too, but it just seems to be a timebomb??

News just in.

BREAKING: Daryl Impey has just announced that there was an adverse analytical finding following testing at the SA time trial championships in February. --> http://bit.ly/1qPPhVF

1qPPhVF

And there is the 3,2,1....

Probenecid (Lannett's Probalan) is a uricosuric drug that increases uric acid excretion in the urine. It is primarily used in treating gout and hyperuricemia.

Probenecid was developed as an alternative to caronamide[1] to competitively inhibit renal excretion of some drugs, thereby increasing their plasma concentration and prolonging their effects.

Uses[edit]

Probenecid is primarily used to treat gout and hyperuricemia.

During World War II, probenecid was used to extend limited supplies of penicillin,[2] and is still used to increase antibiotic concentrations in serious infections. In one study, probenecid was shown to more than double blood concentrations of oseltamivir (trade name Tamiflu), an antiviral drug used to combat the flu, suggesting this property applies to antivirals, as well.[3]

It has also found use as a masking agent.[4]

Drug interactions[edit]

Some of the important clinical interactions of probenecid include those with captopril, indomethacin, ketoprofen, ketorolac, naproxen, cephalosporins, quinolones, penicillins, methotrexate,zidovudine, ganciclovir, lorazepam and acyclovir. In all these interactions, the excretion of these drugs is reduced due to probenecid.

Pharmacology[edit]

In the kidneys, probenecid is filtered at the glomerulus, secreted in the proximal tubule and reabsorbed in the distal tubule.

Probenecid works by interfering with the kidneys' organic anion transporter (OAT), which reclaims uric acid from the urine and returns it to the plasma.[5] If probenecid (an organic acid) is present, the OAT binds preferentially to it (instead of to uric acid), preventing reabsorption of the uric acid. Hence, the urine retains more uric acid, lowering uric acid concentration in the plasma. (This is a good example of a medical usage for competition between substrates transported across cell membranes).

"WIKIPEDIA"

Q: If he remains guilty and receive a ban from the UCI is RSA going to forgive or burn him at the stake?

hmm

and they (who ever had the results) could not have made this public/known earlier, addressed it then there, instead of a week between TdF with no time to counter/fix/defend it.

G

hmm

and they (who ever had the results) could not have made this public/known earlier, addressed it then there, instead of a week between TdF with no time to counter/fix/defend it.

G

you doubting CSA intellect? :clap:

hmm

G

Roman Kreuziger springs to mind....

hell no

I'm sure they not that clever to plan something this stupid, disgrace our best chance for time in spotlight on the biggest cycle race in the world.

G

you doubting CSA intellect? :clap:

Very sad day indeed :mellow: . Wonder how he is gonna bounce back from this. Is there any other way to get it into your system without you knowing about it?