No Daryl Impey for Tour de France - Positive Test Result

shifter

Massively disappointed, but let's stop making excuses about other sports not testing as much or having to do it to stay competitive, that's a cop out! Cycling is hard, yes that's why we love it, making excuses doesn't get us forward, just more of the same...

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now for his friend Froome. From zero to hero in 3 seasons. Most spectacular rise to the top in cycling. 7,2 W/ Kg???

If you have been following cycling for around 10 years or so, you would realise that he was not a total zero.

Let's be fair, it is very plausible.

I take medications and stuff at times and have no idea what might be in there that is a banned substance.

Personally I will give that statement of his the benefit of the doubt.

It may be plausible in Hillbilly land....but not for me!!

I really feel hugely dissapointed. I have been playing Gerrie Nel in my head trying to find a possible excuse - so far nothing. This drug was already "outdated" when I still did drug testing in the middle to late '90s. Maybe someone can find previous arguments used in defence by other athletes (baseball etc.). It really is not used in many scenarios and I dont think it is ever used in animals or food preparation. I hate to admit but I think this is going to stick (hope I am wrong!).

It might be difficult for some to accept that Impey doped....however these guys ride at the highest level ...and they have to produce....sponsors ,advertisers and team owners etc ...they want a return on their investment.... the way I see it ..they all dope and its here to stay.

It wont be in the toilet, look at Contador, he came back from a suspension and he is going to win the Tour now :ph34r:

Unlikely. More likely that he will test positive AGAIN

Edited by @Joecoolls

Nobody is fast enough.

Ben Johnson (with a little help from his friends)?

It's gonna be awesome when Usain Bolt gets caught.

Sies, why gloat about something like that?

Anyway, until such time he remains pure as the driven snow.

It is massively disappointing that this stuff was presenet in his sample. But on a practical level he has two choices now.

If he doped, come clean, confess, take the ban and still have some career left post ban, more like Frank Schleck rather than the Contador comparison.

If he continues to deny any culpability/doping, his career is over as he will not be able to compete until he can conclusively prove he did not dope.

To prove accidental consumption is going to be quite a feat given the use and availablity of probenicid.

Dont understand why SAIDS took so long to release the results. They tested him at SA Champs on 6 Feb, then the lab assistant died in March (their excuse), so what did they do with the results in Apr, May, June ... Why sit on it to a week before TDF?

WTF?