Hardtail vs dual

fafa1505

Thanks dude. Makes sense. I think I am moving towards a lighter bike. I have very little skill on the mtb anyway. So might not too much of a difference to me.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We rode epic on our hardtails. We didn't die. We would have suffered less on FS though. I'd rather ride it on an decent 26er fs than on a bling 29 hardtail.

Look for a second hand fs here, there are lots of bargains available. Don't let the lure of big wheels fool you. Are you racing to win anything?

Nope not racing to win anything. Just maybe finish in top half...so that I know im not spending 10hours a day on the bike. I agree with that 26er FS option. Just won't be in with the cool kids. But its mostly for the race and probably wont use it again expect for social rides. So doesn't make sense to over invest

Find a 2nd hand 29er FS. LBS stock 26 components less and less these days.

In the next 3 years or so you are going to battle to get simple things like the 26er tire you want.

HT is for "harde gatte" while DS is for "softies".........always remember it is not about the bike......

......lovely Friday everyone........

(need to run)

Find a 2nd hand 29er FS. LBS stock 26 components less and less these days.

In the next 3 years or so you are going to battle to get simple things like the 26er tire you want.

I'm already battling to find 26er tires. Some shops don't stock any 26" tires any more. This is frustrating, as I love my 26er, and would not want to 'upgrade' to 29. But soon I may not have a choice...

I'm already battling to find 26er tires. Some shops don't stock any 26" tires any more. This is frustrating, as I love my 26er, and would not want to 'upgrade' to 29. But soon I may not have a choice...

Luckely my LBS stil stock lots of tyres,but went to get a price for replacing my damaged 26" fork and was told that there was none available and the importers would not be bringing in 26" forks anymore.

So IMO dual-sus would be ideal,29" if possible.

Luckely my LBS stil stock lots of tyres,but went to get a price for replacing my damaged 26" fork and was told that there was none available and the importers would not be bringing in 26" forks anymore.

So IMO dual-sus would be ideal,29" if possible.

What fork are you after ?

There will always be the international/ online stores, which are often cheaper to boot

Is this not a compelling reason to fit 650b wheels to your 26" if you can?

Guest Karma

omg here we go....just in time for friday :wacko:

Relax.... it is, at the end of the day, just his opinion.