Chain cleaner!

Sepia

Namgear has a chaincleaner.. it takes off everything! hassle free, bling bling.. just a lube and you've got new life in your chain

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This Benzine thing. It is Highly, highly carcinogenic.

Don't ever use the stuff for anything!!!!

Yes benzene is a known carcinogen but it is not the same as the benzine you buy in the supermarket. Note difference in spelling!

Benzine is a petroleum distillate which usually contains only a small amount of actual benzene. The one with the 'e' is the bad stuff but you can't easily buy it in pure form. Flammability of both is far more of a direct risk to you than the chance of getting cancer from it ..... both options are horrible so rather dont use either.

Edited by JXV

I use the Parktoolz biodegradable chain cleaner/degreaser. If i know where to find more of this stuff separate to the chain cleaning tool, I'll buy large quantities. This stuff is awesome!!

post-39341-0-28736300-1407158789_thumb.jpg

I use the Parktoolz biodegradable chain cleaner/degreaser. If i know where to find more of this stuff separate to the chain cleaning tool, I'll buy large quantities. This stuff is awesome!!

This stuff costs R170 per bottle! Fooled me once. :blush:

This stuff costs R170 per bottle! Fooled me once. :blush:

Agreed.....rip off

Just use what they use in the bike shops.Engin cleaner

I've used Prepsol before and it's 4/10. This stuff gets 8/10 from me.

http://www.mcphail.co.za/Public/IMG_2550.jpg

I've used Prepsol before and it's 4/10. This stuff gets 8/10 from me.

http://www.mcphail.co.za/Public/IMG_2550.jpg

Do you dilute it?

Parktool tool + Sunlight, works wonder.

G

By far the most economical, and no hassle with disposing of dangerous chemicals. Wont kill the lawn. Take the chain off, drop into an empty plastic bottle with with a few ml of Sunlight. Half fill with warm water, shake, rinse, dry with clean cloth, lube and fit. Should not take more than 5 min.

• 4 weeks later...

Got a 5l container of Prepsol.

I am not sure if they changed the formula, but oh my goodness, it is bloody useless. Even on the motorbike chain, useless.

Also got a clear liquid that cleans everything you can think of. Grease, oil you name it... But also useless. And same chain oil on all 3 chains as that I have always used.

Got a 5l container of Prepsol.

I am not sure if they changed the formula, but oh my goodness, it is bloody useless. Even on the motorbike chain, useless.

Also got a clear liquid that cleans everything you can think of. Grease, oil you name it... But also useless. And same chain oil on all 3 chains as that I have always used.

Then what do you make use of to clean your chains?

Any opinions on muc-off or nam products?

Well, I will have to look for a product again. I will ask my dad what they use at the factory to get muck and grit off their equipment in the factory.

Will swing by a cycle shop and see what options they have and report back.

Sludge chain cleaner,the stuff with the yellow label and rhino on the bottle works magic +-R55 a bottle.

apply-brush-leave a few mins-rinse.

worth it.