Want to know who that roadie was that didn't wave at you?

DikBuffalo

Personal preferences on Strava, one can choose to hide a particular activities (within the app or on the website itself) if you don't wants the public to find your secret-training sessions... :ph34r:

Quite a cool idea in a mass cycling event (i.e: 94.7) to see whose the smart-kid or hottie in front of you (or behind you should the person had lapped your wheels) ;)

Edited by The_black_stig

1 out of every 6 roadies will wave when you great them and 5 out of every 6 mtbers will great back

I used to fish a lot in Plett and when i drove from George to Plett i used to check this for a few months and this was the end result

All of the buggers are riding illegal on the N2 anyways..lol

1 out of every 6 roadies will wave when you great them and 5 out of every 6 mtbers will great back

I used to fish a lot in Plett and when i drove from George to Plett i used to check this for a few months and this was the end result

I know why from personal experience....it is damn scary to lift your hand off those road bike bars when travelling at 30+km/h on those thin wheels when just a little stone in the road can send you flying either in front of cars or off the road. When I am out on my road bike I keep both hands on the bars at all times (unless I'm getting the water bottle out or my hanky and blowing my nose) and eyes forward on the road at all times (unless I quickly look back to see if it is save to cross the road).

Try this check, buy yourself a road bike and suddenly you will find most of those jolly mtb'ers who used to smile and wave now flatly ignores you but a lot of roadies will suddenly notice you :devil:

I know why from personal experience....it is damn scary to lift your hand off those road bike bars when travelling at 30+km/h on those thin wheels when just a little stone in the road can send you flying either in front of cars or off the road. When I am out on my road bike I keep both hands on the bars at all times (unless I'm getting the water bottle out or my hanky and blowing my nose) and eyes forward on the road at all times (unless I quickly look back to see if it is save to cross the road).

You need to learn the whale technique...

Try this check, buy yourself a road bike and suddenly you will find most of those jolly mtb'ers who used to smile and wave now flatly ignores you but a lot of roadies will suddenly notice you :devil:

funny/true,,,,,,,,when i ride on my road bike i hate mtbers and when im out mtb i think roadies think they own the road,,,,,,,clearly you just get bad/moody/grumpy groups, its got nothing to do with the ride you on

going towards breedts on the weekend, we past 2 "big"groups, in each group 1 or 2 guys forced out a HELLO

I KNOW THE RIGHT ANSWER IS who cares if they say howzit BUT IN MY LITTLE brain CYCLIST ARE my MATES I GET PEEVED when my mates dont greet me :devil:

I was dressed in white on a white bike pushing a hill hard (in pain), when another aunty came from the other direction in the drops flying down hill (in ecstasy). She was dressed in black with black bike. Gave each other a quick smile and nod. It was like our yin/yang moment. Flip I love this sport!! :clap:

Edited by blondeonabike

I generally take my hand off the bar, leave it parallel to the bar and I stretch my fingers.

Times I nod my head, if the road is too busy or many cyclist around. Other times I ignore, for safety reasons or if I am concentrating/in a zone.

I ride both. Greet everyone (whether by wave or nod). Many (road and MTB) never return the greeting.

I just ride off thinking "shame, they must have a lot on their mind today."

Edited by Bodhi

Guest notmyname

Mtb's should never have to endure the punishment of rolling on tar.

Edited by small fry