wattbikes at virgin - fitness test

Malvapoeding drowning in warm custard can adversely affect your watts, Bru

#wintercomforts

Nah, its Xmas cake and choc cross buns. I either need to find 60 watts or lose 20kg

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah, its Xmas cake and choc cross buns. I either need to find 60 watts or lose 20kg

Yum yum

Washed down with some caffeine ????

#Jockissoon

Hence why I have bought a new battery for my scale, it was just saying "low" for two weeks it was nice being told my weight was low but then I got on a proper scale...

• 4 weeks later...

What is the time limit on the Wattbikes these days at VA? I queried at the local VA, and they said 20 mins - is that right?

Some of them has stickers on saying 60min limit others nothing. Has spent more than a hour on one on a few occasions without any issues. Definitely can't be 20min like the other machines. Otherwise its a joke. Just enough time for a 20min FTP test!!

What pisses me off the most is when non-cyclist are spinning on the only 1 or 2 watt bikes out of the 100 other spinning bikes the gym have. These ladies & germs are easy to spot, not wearing spd shoes or cycling shorts. Just grates my tits!

I have been using it for a while on the IPhone, but doing it on a Just Ride as the warm up is to short for me.

According to my MMP I should do the 4 sessions of 10 minutes at 280 Watts but fall to 250 for the last set in the end.

After a few sessions I also came to the conclusion that my FTP that is 95% of my 20 min test will not be what I can achieve for 60 minutes.

is there an IPhone app? What is it called? Thanks

is there an IPhone app? What is it called? Thanks

Wattbike, very nice app with preloaded programmes and nice tools. Just search wattbike in the app store

Wattbike, very nice app with preloaded programmes and nice tools. Just search wattbike in the app store

Try the "Building blocks" under endurance, a hard 57 minutes.

Agree, probably hardest programme I have done on Wattbike. Getting Speedy also nice but less in tense!!

Can you hold their recommended watts at the heart rate they say you should be on building blocks? For some reason the two seem very out of sync for me on this workout unlike the other speed focused ones.

• 6 months later...

What pisses me off the most is when non-cyclist are spinning on the only 1 or 2 watt bikes out of the 100 other spinning bikes the gym have. These ladies & germs are easy to spot, not wearing spd shoes or cycling shorts. Just grates my tits!

People using Wattbikes as warm up bikes..... The reason that I might go full Columbine in a VA one day.

Archived