Unhappy with service from Concept Cyclery Cedar Square

Jeepdude

Firstly i am not prone to this type of ranting but i feel i have been a hubber long enough to raise my concerns about traders that are putting thehub in ill repute . I have been trading on here and chatting with a lot of you for years ( formerly known as jeepdude) and it was with great excitement i convinced my my newby friend to purchase a "new" xo crankset at a bargain price of R2999 advertised by a RickyTomCCMA an alias for Concept Cyclery Cedar Square .Fourways? I phoned on his behalf and spoke to a Dimitri who ensured me the crank was of a new bike. My mate took the negotiations further paid and waited an eternity ( it felt like that you all know... Overnight courier a week later type of thing)

When the crank arrived and our lbs assembled newby's first hub purchase we realised oops somethings a miss. A spacer.... Ooops. No prob . But then he showed me the crank... Clearly not new! But they said! ..... I said... Newby phoned them and Dimitri kept dodging the question why the crank was not new saying we'll send that spacer we'll send that spacer. Newby mentioned the scuff and chip mark clearly from riding and hitting rocks and salesman says are you sure it's not just a chip? Small scratch. In the end newby wanted some form off compensation like a refund on at least the courier which cost a further R500. But to no avail. To add insult ... He had to purchase a new front derailer ooops my mistake... An dhad to purchase the spacer himself.

I was distressed and phoned Concept Cyclery in Durbs to speak to the Standers wondering if they were linked seeing it all started there. Person on the other side handed phone to brother of africanmtbkid and he suggested we go post on facebook Speciallized page if not resolved.

An email response from unknown person questioned wether we had in fact communicated with the standers and claimed they will be traveling together whence he will question them about the validity of our claims.

When newby phoned a last time to try sort his grievance they threatened him with legal action if he dared go to social media. I am really shocked. Be as it may i was wondering what do the old faithfull hub experts say.... Name and shame on social media or.... Shut up and live with it.consider it school fees. Have any of you purchased from RickyTomCCMA. I include pictures to prove my point

post-4493-0-44227200-1406664477_thumb.jpg

post-4493-0-98964500-1406664485_thumb.jpg

post-4493-0-65043800-1406664495_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bertus v Zyl

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All that is visibly new are the chain rings... Not a nice way to introduce a newby to the hub , and he was sceptical from the get go

Punks put new blades on, but that doesn't make it a new crank.

Your mate must insist on getting his money back.

Finish & klaar.

Misrepresentation is a crime, called fraud

they are tuning him.... Sure if you want a NEW crank we will refund you send that one back and we will INVOICE you for a new one 5 k plus. .... But the add says new....

I am pretty furious for his sake ... I know a few people over at Spez and seriously considering taking this much further

they are tuning him.... Sure if you want a NEW crank we will refund you send that one back and we will INVOICE you for a new one 5 k plus. .... But the add says new....

Tell them to get stuffed - either supply a NEW crank at the original advertised price, or a full refund is in order...

Take it as high as possible- these chancers must learn , and the guys high up must also see what's going on down the line- I for one will never use the Concept store in MA because of the CRAP SERVICE I have received when I've gone into the store with the intention of purchasing.

Edited by mrbaker

Tell them to get stuffed - either supply a NEW crank at the original advertised price, or a full refund is in order...

Take it as high as possible- these chancers must learn , and the guys high up must also see what's going on down the line- I for one will never use the Concept store in MA because of the CRAP SERVICE I have received when I've gone into the store with the intention of purchasing.

Newby dearest is probably one of the most soft hearted people i know and they have basically told him to piss off. Convenient seeing we are in the Cape of good Hope.... Punn intended

Will take this further in the morning with renewed confidence thanks guys

Try giving Head Office a call 021 808 7333 I think the number is correct.

Fight it and not just for a refund, they must produce what you paid for end off story.

I thought according to consumer act if purchased something without viewing before ( ie online) you can return in certain time, might be wrong but check it out