The Beer Debate

Tree Hubber

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

anything from mitchells brewery,especially the old wobbly the stuff packs a hangover from hell.

Had some of the Bosun's bitters. Was lekker.

You can tell it's Friday this thread went from 2 to 8 like a shot.. Looks like you guys were building up a thirst just talking about it. Ride safe and have a great weekend.

So how was the beer Drinking this weekend? Went to Beerhouse Friday arvie, beer was really lekker, service was shocking. They didn't expect that many people and had way too little waiters and barmen. Will be back thou, so many delicious beer.

I see for a limited time Lion Lager is available from SAB.

I am wonderring if they found a lost pallet of these things in a dark corner of the distribution centre....

just like when it was availalbe on the shelves way back when, i will skip it and go for something else...

I am wonderring if they found a lost pallet of these things in a dark corner of the distribution centre....

just like when it was availalbe on the shelves way back when, i will skip it and go for something else...

There was a time long, long ago when SAB beers were full bodied and brewed just right. Lion was one of those! My very first beer back in 1969. They also brewed a lion Ale - who remembers those? Now their offering is all about fast turnaround bulk and a skimp on quality, IMHO. Castle Lite at best is like horse p--s, again IMHO. A genuine pilsener is not easy to find, but there are some fine Craft versions. I settle now for Windhoek Light but find Pilsener Urquel quite enjoyable. Hansa Draft when you can get it is normally good. But always a matter of individual taste.

Hi Guys,

Sorry to change the topic slightly, but I recently heard of a debate over the best wine to drink with your rice crispies.

Have a great weekend, and be safe.

Sarge

Will this work with my Futurelife as well? The Crunchy chocolate one?

I got some at Makro. Was flippen lekker! I hope they continue making it.

So how was the beer Drinking this weekend? Went to Beerhouse Friday arvie, beer was really lekker, service was shocking. They didn't expect that many people and had way too little waiters and barmen. Will be back thou, so many delicious beer.

Was there on the Friday and Saturday and service was exactly the same...shocking. hope they turn it around

Was there on the Friday and Saturday and service was exactly the same...shocking. hope they turn it around

Keen to go, how's the pricing there?

Obviously not cheap, but not to bad either...The beers on tap range between R30-R40 for 500ml. I really enjoyed the vibe of the whole place and the foods not bad either (i did not order, but knew some people who did and they enjoyed it).

Went to the Beerhouse on Saturday, lots of overdressed folks, check each other out, the one cooler than the other. We just rocked up there with our SS Mtb's, lekker trail kit and got lovely beer at the bar. Nice enough vibe, I have a preference to Society, quieter and I fit in better with the crowd. Food is better to IMO.

But Beer is Beer, both venues are great!

Keen to go, how's the pricing there?

Actually quite expensive for beer. Obviously catering for the crowds and the vanue etc. not the beers fault though