The Beer Debate

The vegan-friendly status starts to be eroded if certain processing aids are used e.g. gelatin and isinglass.

Some would argue that as yeast is a single-celled organism that its use in brewing is non-vegan but it's a weak argument.

Technically, beer is made from malted barley and or corn. The hops are there as a bittering or flavouring addition in the boil cycle and dry hopping.

So yeah its all vegan.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The vegan-friendly status starts to be eroded if certain processing aids are used e.g. gelatin and isinglass.

Some would argue that as yeast is a single-celled organism that its use in brewing is non-vegan but it's a weak argument.

Aaag nooit, and here I was thinking all I needed for an Everst was BEER and the right gearing ...

Birra Flea Blonde Ale? I think that's the name of it. Had one a little while ago and my Mrs said that's the only blonde I can have a fling with. Lekker beer.

A lot of people don't even classify cheese as vegetarian as many cheeses are made with rennet, an enzyme that comes from calves' stomach lining.

Softer cheeses and other dairy products don't contain rennet.

People really overcomplicate things ????

A lot of people don't even classify cheese as vegetarian as many cheeses are made with rennet, an enzyme that comes from calves' stomach lining.

Softer cheeses and other dairy products don't contain rennet.

People really overcomplicate things

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/179556-the-veganism-thread 

I am all for beer not being vegan-friendly...that way there's more for me. If Vanzweelism starts thinking beer is vegan I shudder to think what concoction he will claim next before having achieved anything...

• 2 years later...