Stretching...... there's no app for that!

L.T.G

So.....just felt like sharing ...

I'm rapidly approaching my fourth decade of being alive and although I'm reasonably fit I'm definitely not supple!

I think stretching is the most mundane thing in the world!

It's SO important though.... I wish there was "an app for that" or a potion or lotion :mellow: !

Not an app that could show me how to stretch, I want an app to actually do the stretching for me, while I'm sleeping or something :wacko:

Stretching! arghh.. it's so ridiculous.....

Guess I could try pilates or yoga or yogalates.... problem is, it'll steal "riding time" ;)

sharing over

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if you have time - pilates is great for getting more bendy.

my OH couldn't touch his toes - after a month of one on one classes he could - since we've stopped he can't again.I use time that would be otherwise wasted - like waiting for the kettle to boil, or heating lunch in the microwave - ppl think i'm odd but it feels lekker

I went to a chiro once who said with one simple 'exercise' every morning when you get up, less than 5 minutes, will keep you supple and your back in great health till you die..

Its a version of whats called the mountain climber... Basically get on all fours as if you are at the top of a push up, then move your right foot next to your right hand, to the outside of it. Then back and repeat with left foot. Do 25 a side.

Rather amazing what it does for such a simple quick exercise..

Foam rollers. Go check it out. 1min a side, 5min a day. Works wonders!!

I thought foam was supposed to be soft! Bought a foam roller the other day on advice of the physio for my ITB. It hurt like HELL. Managed about 20secs. However, it is getting better and I haven't had knee pain since I've been using it.

I went to a chiro once who said with one simple 'exercise' every morning when you get up, less than 5 minutes, will keep you supple and your back in great health till you die..

Its a version of whats called the mountain climber... Basically get on all fours as if you are at the top of a push up, then move your right foot next to your right hand, to the outside of it. Then back and repeat with left foot. Do 25 a side.

Rather amazing what it does for such a simple quick exercise..

Will def give it a try

Will def give it a try

Cool, depending on how flexible you are you might not be able to get your foot next to your hand initially, but after a few mornings how should be able to get your heal in front of your fingers.... :thumbup: :thumbup:

I do ashtanga yoga a few times a week. Its worth every minute. Apart from increasing your mobility, it strengthens your core and your legs.

Foam rollers. Go check it out. 1min a side, 5min a day. Works wonders!!

details on the rolling ?

Cool, depending on how flexible you are you might not be able to get your foot next to your hand initially, but after a few mornings how should be able to get your heal in front of your fingers.... :thumbup: :thumbup:

I will never be able to do that with my current state of health. And neither will I be able to touch my toes. This morning I found it tough to wash my feet in the shower. And noticed that I can't balance any more as well (and I could stand on one leg for more than an hour a few weeks back)

But I know stretching helps. Think I had an app on my old iPad. Will check the app store and let you know if there is an app. I know the one I have (had) gives you what muscle groups you are targeting with exercise, not sure if there are stretching things

I will never be able to do that with my current state of health. And neither will I be able to touch my toes. This morning I found it tough to wash my feet in the shower. And noticed that I can't balance any more as well (and I could stand on one leg for more than an hour a few weeks back)

But I know stretching helps. Think I had an app on my old iPad. Will check the app store and let you know if there is an app. I know the one I have (had) gives you what muscle groups you are targeting with exercise, not sure if there are stretching things

I have also been looking for an app like that.... 3D body image, click on the muscle and shows you the stretch.

In my search I did end up finding the below..

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/article/eight-stretching-exercises-for-cyclists-26074/

Archived