Buyers wasting sellers time

ChUkKy

:clap: :clap: HUBBERS, COULDNT GET A REACTION FROM CHIT CHAT TODAY, NOW POOR LITTLE CLASSIFIEDS GETS PICKED ON TODAY,,,,,,,,, :eek: :whistling: :whistling:

ps check out my idt in the classifieds :ph34r: :ph34r: :whistling:

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

works like a charm pel, like you...I don't sell or buy anything from until you hit 1000. Then I have a good feel of your personality and if its worth buying from or selling to you.

I'm sure there have been exceptions? What if there is a guy with 999 posts advertising a really good deal? Let me re-phrase: It must be hard not buying something you really want and for a great price, if the advertiser is only a few posts short... perhaps PM him and ask his to go post a bit? Edited by Patchelicious

I'm sure there have been exceptions? What if there is a guy with 999 posts advertising a really good deal?

tell him to use that last post to tell Dipstiek he is a knob...

that way he gets automatic dibs and a 20% discount on the sale price

tell him to use that last post to tell Dipstiek he is a knob...

that way he gets automatic dibs and a 20% discount on the sale price

WHEN I WANT SOMETHING I PHONE THE CONTACT NOT PM/EMAIL I CLIMB IN MY CAR GO AND PAY, CALLING DIBS MEANS YOU DONT WANT IT

Ja Chuckky....pis poor form by the 2 guys in question....cas247 and Norm333. Its really about common decency. Let me know...get back to me when you say you will...manage my expectations. Now for what its worth, I include the following on ALL my ads...sort of fine print

...Don't call Dibs...it means nothing. Item will be secured if you post "I will take it".

...I don't deal with members with less than 1000 posts, so don't bother posting / negotiating.

Since I have added these two rules to my ads, my experience ito dealing with hot air buyers have been 100% great. For one, you dont get lurkers sitting in the classifieds all day long contributing nothing else, you don't get the one post wonders that you don't know the character of and you don't open yourself up to scammers / dangerous situations since they people buying have been around the block a few times on the hub. Trust me...add it to your ads, its worth it.

Oh please go and rate them negatively in the marketplace section....based on it i will never deal with either cas247 and Norm333

nee man Rouxtjie, nou kan ek en jy nie besigheid doen nie :ph34r:

How can it be an over react if I didnt know due to nothing being communicated up until today?

Please explain?

Its something that we all do...immediately draw conclusions about others....and often the judgement is justified....but many times...we find that the oke had a valid reason for dropping us....as in your situation.

My response should be taken lightly... ^_^

No dibs for anybody. If you really want it that badly you'll get me my money. I could have 5 people interested and they all get the same response. "First to pay up owns it". As soon as the cash is paid, I'll let the others know that the item is sold. I'm not a complete knob....

Now try sell something on Gumtree.....

Hi, is the item still available?

Yes

Is the price negotiable?

Not really

What are your banking details?

Email/text sent

Silence....................................

I'm sure there have been exceptions? What if there is a guy with 999 posts advertising a really good deal? Let me re-phrase: It must be hard not buying something you really want and for a great price, if the advertiser is only a few posts short... perhaps PM him and ask his to go post a bit?

Nope...1000 posts. it is what it is I am afraid. Chuckky has a good idea on how to get there though. Please see his advice

:clap: :clap: HUBBERS, COULDNT GET A REACTION FROM CHIT CHAT TODAY, NOW POOR LITTLE CLASSIFIEDS GETS PICKED ON TODAY,,,,,,,,, :eek: :whistling: :whistling:

ps check out my idt in the classifieds :ph34r: :ph34r: :whistling:

I heard that it might be too blue?

I've probably been on both ends of this discussion, although not intentionally to mess anyone around. I once had a ex-hubber mess me around for almost 2 months for an item i was selling, ended up giving it away to a mate

On the plus side of the deals i have done i have had the chance to meet some really great folk that are behind the aliases.

Chukky, got your PM and will address now

I will take full responsibility for not contacting you, yet lets be real as well, it was the last thing on my mind.

I have bought a lot from the web page and paid or collected, its really not called for to burn ones name on a public forum with out asking, but we all have our own ways

Again, i am sorry

nee man Rouxtjie, nou kan ek en jy nie besigheid doen nie :ph34r:

ons kan, but you won't like it.....see if there are no takers and the buyer is persistent that he MUST have it we adjust the price accordingly. So lets say I want to sell something for R1000 and you have 624 posts(like you do currently), we subtract 624 from 1000(posts here) and get to 376 short. We then take that number and make it a percentage...37.6% and add that to the value of items price...

So a 1000 rand item will then cost 1376 rond... :thumbup: Risk / Reward....that ol chestnut.

ons kan, but you won't like it.....see if there are no takers and the buyer is persistent that he MUST have it we adjust the price accordingly. So lets say I want to sell something for R1000 and you have 624 posts(like you do currently), we subtract 624 from 1000(posts here) and get to 376 short. We then take that number and make it a percentage...37.6% and add that to the value of items price...

So a 1000 rand item will then cost 1376 rond... :thumbup: Risk / Reward....that ol chestnut.

dutchie, its a good thing i know you :clap: :clap:

WANT EK SAL JOU *** GE,,,,,BEEEEG TIME :whistling:

dutchie, its a good thing i know you :clap: :clap:

WANT EK SAL JOU *** GE,,,,,BEEEEG TIME :whistling:

Oi....

You know that this formula works the other way too....for every post above 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000......etc etc you get a sliding scale discount. with your 11725 posts I might have to pay you to take an item.... :ph34r: