Aerodynamic vs Time

Marius

<?:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /> did you know??

20060912_020757_Untitled-1.gif<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Very interesting . For roadies there could be significant time saving but (and I have said it before) on a MTB weight is just a number .

Yeah, but I don't know what the diffs is on a hill, this just shows the results for a Flat TT. aNY1 know what the implications are on a hilly ride??

Yeah' date=' but I don't know what the diffs is on a hill, this just shows the results for a Flat TT. aNY1 know what the implications are on a hilly ride??[/quote']

I can't remember the exact number, but I recall reading an article a while back on the effect of carrying extra body weight on a climb, it was some thing like 30seconds for every 5kg's extra over a 5km climb, but don't quote me on that, perhaps somebody else like CvanC or Bikemax can give us the exacts figures?

<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Sounds like almost nothing since most of the hills we climb in local PPA events are hardly 5km long..all the hype and saving a few grams here and there is all BS me thinks...still, I did not buy my bike because it was lighter than the AV Bike, I bought it because it was prettier than the other bikes, pretty things normally are..Tongue

From this table it is easy to see that if you are "big" and "fat", you are going to have to work a lot harder not to finish last!!

Yeah' date=' but I don't know what the diffs is on a hill, this just shows the results for a Flat TT. aNY1 know what the implications are on a hilly ride??[/quote']

The steeper the incline, the less aerodynamics play a part and the more weight plays a part as you drag your sorry ass up red hill..LOL

Ek het dit as volg benader. Hoekom wil ek 2 kg op 'n fiets spaar as ek 2 kg gewig kan verloor. Nietemin het ek 2 kg verloor. Dit maak 'n verskil. Ek klim bietjie beter (Klem op die bietjie) so nou is my idee: Verloor nog 3 - 5 kg voor die 94.7 en ek sal bietjie beter ry.

Ek het ook gevind dat bande 'n groot verskil op 'n fiets maak. Ek het Conti's gebruik (SuperSport 1000), maar oorgegaan na Mich Pro's toe (Nou Vredenstein). Dit maak 'n baie groot verskil op spoed en gemak (tov vertroue in draaie en sprints) Ek het ook my Rolf Vector Comp wiele geruil vir Rolf Victor Pro's. Behalwe dat dit gehelp het met wind weerstand het dit bietjie gewig van my fiets af geneem, wat ook bietjie help.

Maar 'n merkwaardige verskil het ingekom met die druk van my wiele. (5 bar vs. 8 bar)

Ek het ook gevind dat bande 'n groot verskil op 'n fiets maak. Ek het Conti's gebruik (SuperSport 1000)' date=' maar oorgegaan na Mich Pro's toe (Nou Vredenstein). Dit maak 'n baie groot verskil op spoed en gemak (tov vertroue in draaie en sprints) )[/quote']

Hoe groot is baie groot? ShockedLOLWink

Moet se ek kan nie die verskil voel nie, maar ek is moes n bietjie "insensitive" soms Big%20smile

Marius: now you see why I avoided Red Hill race??? At 95kg's, I'm around 20-25kgs heavier than most of the other riders...do you have ANY idea what sort of effort goes in to staying with you lot up a climb? In simple terms, thats 10 to 12 x 2l Coke bottles extra! LOL

Marius: now you see why I avoided Red Hill race??? At 95kg's' date=' I'm around 20-25kgs heavier than most of the other riders...do you have ANY idea what sort of effort goes in to staying with you lot up a climb? In simple terms, thats 10 to 12 x 2l Coke bottles extra! LOL[/quote']

Ja ja, maar saam met daai extra 20kg kry jy 'n Intercooled Turbo Diesel power plant.  Ek en M se Baby-B methanol motortjies kan nie nie naby aan daai torque produce nieWink