Cape Town Cycle Tour (The Argus) 2015

Winstonian1984

Hey. Doing my first Cycle Tour this year and hoping to do a decent time. Any advice on how quick to go at different points? When to sprint and when to save yourself...?

Not just for the Argus, but for any endurance ride (which this is for most of the field):

1. The first third of the race, you should feel that "his is too slow for me". (City to Simons Town)

2. The middle third of the race you should be just perfectly comfortable, feeling like you could go on for ever. (Simons Town to Noordhoek)

3. The last third you should be regretting doing something this stupid and you should be gritting your teeth. (Chapmans Peak and Suikerbossie)

Racing it, of course, it is a totally different animal.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also what speeds to go at(hoping to do around 4h)?

There is a split time calculator on the cycletour website

In the magazine, and I would think on the website is an very accurate breakdown of when to be a what checkpoint. According to the time you are going for.

Get to know where these points are. And drive the route before so you get a geel for it.

But have fun on your first one. Enjoy the vibe.

alright I'll look. Thank you

Not just for the Argus, but for any endurance ride (which this is for most of the field)

1. The first third of the race, you should feel that "his is too slow for me". (City to Simons Town)

2. The middle third of the race you should be just perfectly comfortable, feeling like you could go on for ever. (Simons Town to Noordhoek)

3. The last third you should be regretting doing something this stupid and you should be gritting your teeth. (Chapmans Peak and Suikerbossie)

Yes please! ????

Not just for the Argus, but for any endurance ride (which this is for most of the field):

Yeah the big killer for anyone attempting a sub4 is the first 20Km. If you go too hard at the start (Which most people seem to relish doing) then by the time you get to Simons Town you legs are going to be screaming at you.

The burn from the Cape Point Nature reserve entrance to Noordhoek is time for jam. Find a bunch sit tight.

Slat it on Chappies and Suikerbossie

Do we still get a magazine this year? Did you guys recieve yours yet?

Yes there was one. My Dad got his, I didn't get mine-Same address.......

Yes there was one. My Dad got his, I didn't get mine-Same address.......

So there is hope. Post office!!!!

Anyone had a email regarding the double?

Was just going to come ask the same question... nothing yet.

I kinda like the idea of doing that 2nd lap as a helper for those with technical issues or needing a push along the way.

Ok, The seeding sucks

Friend that did 99er and tour ppa average 40 min slower than me got a seeding better than me

Other who did 1hr:20min slower has same start group.

It sucks to be a noob...

Just have to kick some arse :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  

Archived