Daryl Impey cleared!

NotSoBigBen

I love it. People read a few newspaper reports, some half baked theory on the web and suddenly they know more than the folks at the tribunal.

I am rather disappointed in your post, I personally would not expect any better from the hub prosecution .

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You lads read far too many comic books and fairy stories when you were little. Sometimes things actually are what they are.

Was Friday Sarcasm

Just a question to all those who see themselves as judges of these sportsmen and the ultimate rule the athlete is responsible for what goes in his body and should know better -

Go and do a tour or travel like these guys do get sick or need some medicine when you are 21 days racing out of 24 crossing 4 countries and probably about 6 languages and lets see how you fare when you need help and a detailed explanation of everything you have to consume , use or apply.

Its easy to sit in an armchair at home and be critical but the reality is a minefield for these guys and often I would think having to debate the risk against the need and the consequence. Your home based little safety package of doctor, pharmacy etc.. is rarely available, they have to do the best with what they have available,

and as to the pharmacist and their little dispensing trays have you ever seen one wipe down or wash one, I never have.

Just a question to all those who see themselves as judges of these sportsmen and the ultimate rule the athlete is responsible for what goes in his body and should know better -

Go and do a tour or travel like these guys do get sick or need some medicine when you are 21 days racing out of 24 crossing 4 countries and probably about 6 languages and lets see how you fare when you need help and a detailed explanation of everything you have to consume , use or apply.

Its easy to sit in an armchair at home and be critical but the reality is a minefield for these guys and often I would think having to debate the risk against the need and the consequence. Your home based little safety package of doctor, pharmacy etc.. is rarely available, they have to do the best with what they have available,

and as to the pharmacist and their little dispensing trays have you ever seen one wipe down or wash one, I never have.

Cry me a river, for the chance to get paid to do what one loves, u should be taking chances.

And by the why, where there is smoke, there is bull****.

Edited by VicanZA

Talus its not uncommon to get those empty capsules retail, for all sorts of uses.

Thx. I was honestly surprised but it clearly is available.

For the people that don't believe in cycling, the cynics and the skeptics, I'm sorry for you, I'm sorry you can't dream big.....

You're on fire this week, Rouxtjie

Well chirped!

OGE General manager Shayne Bannan expressed his delight with the news:

"We are extremely happy with the fact that Daryl has been 100% cleared to race and we all look forward to having him back riding for us," Bannan said. "Daryl is a key rider for the team and we very pleased with how he has handled his case and the process around it. We will reinstate Daryl in our racing roster as soon as possible."

Cyclingnews

For the people that don't believe in cycling, the cynics and the skeptics, I'm sorry for you, I'm sorry you can't dream big.....

I know longer believe in cycling, but it doesn't mean I don't enjoy the spectacle. I still watch the 1996 tour when I'm on my IDT, when Riis had EPO oozing out of every orifice and every pore, it was a magnificent sight to see him sprint up Hautacam in his big ring. Whether Impey is innocent or not, I no longer care.

http://youtu.be/Og76z4kGMQU

Edited by javadude

Contador was also cleared initially & UCI appealed the decision so this may not be over. UCI yet to review decision.

Contador was also cleared initially & UCI appealed the decision so this may not be over. UCI yet to review decision.

If that is the case, the lawyers will have to take Probenicid to mask their delight!

El Berto was nailed with a ban wasn't he? for trace amounts of Clenbuterol becuase his excuse story didn't stick. Others have been excused under the same circumstances. Many remain sceptical whether that was linked with a concerted doping campaign. There was nothing in his biological passport was there? Same as Daryl. Whilst lately Johno Teirman-Locke was recently banned because of dodgy and unexplained Bio Passport data. And if you look as his performance, raises many questions.

I think part of the problem is the rules/laws have not kept pace with technology, that is nowadazes absolutely minuscule amounts of the totally banned substances can be detected, almost down to a molecular level, and that's more than likely got to do with contamination of some form than doping.

There is also the desire to nail athletes, even if not proven beyond doubt. to make some kind of example, because doping was (is?) such a problem. Its like back at school, the real naughty boys used to get away with their (often criminal) antics, because they are devious enough to keep one step ahead or to the side of the powers that be, and the innocent and unlucky get picked out and punished 'to make an example".

Edited by kosmonooit

Parallels have been drawn between his case and that of Alberto Contador. During the 2010 Tour de France anti-doping tests showed traces of clenbuterol. Contador denied knowingly using the substance which, like probenecid, is banned.

He was cleared by the Spanish federation but both WADA and the UCI appealed this to CAS. The court ultimately ruled that a contaminated supplement was the most likely cause, absolving him of deliberately ingesting clenbuterol. However, under the strict liability ruling, it handed him a lengthy ban and annulled his victory in that Tour plus a number of subsequent results.

Impey must wait for the UCI’s decision to know if the case is over or if he will have to mount a defence in CAS.

Was there any plausible evidence of clenbuterol-enhanced meat being stocked by the butcher or farm from whence the beef came?