Daryl Impey cleared!

NotSoBigBen

Contador was also cleared initially & UCI appealed the decision so this may not be over. UCI yet to review decision.

Oh okay

Another twist to the tail

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was there any plausible evidence of clenbuterol-enhanced meat being stocked by the butcher or farm from whence the beef came?

No idea...just read article this morning. I wasn't aware that UCI could appeal the decision. Personally I don't think they will as Impey is not as high profile as Contador.

What I still cannot accept are the CSA's reasons for the 7 week delay in announcing the initial result. If they had expedited that, Daryl may have gone to the TdF.

No idea...just read article this morning. I wasn't aware that UCI could appeal the decision. Personally I don't think they will as Impey is not as high profile as Contador.

Besides the profile issue, the other reason it's unlikely that any further action is that, as far as I know, the UCI hasn't really had any bother with the South African authorities, as they had had with the Spanish by the time AC was popped.

Impey's story was backed, it would seem, by science and documentation, which apparently couldn't be repudiated; Contador's defence had only possibility of contamination.

Besides the profile issue, the other reason it's unlikely that any further action is that, as far as I know, the UCI hasn't really had any bother with the South African authorities, as they had had with the Spanish by the time AC was popped.

Impey's story was backed, it would seem, by science and documentation, which apparently couldn't be repudiated; Contador's defence had only possibility of contamination.

....and the Spanish farmers vehemently denied that their beef could have Clembuterol in and claimed that none of it (their beef) ever tested positive for Clembuterol, from what I recall!

....and the Spanish farmers vehemently denied that their beef could have Clembuterol in and claimed that none of it (their beef) ever tested positive for Clembuterol, from what I recall!

Correct....In theory clenbuterol is banned from general use in farming in the EU including Spain and is also meat is not allowed to be imported which contains Clen.

Instances of athletes or anyone testing positive for it in the region are very very rare if any... however apparently its use is permitted in certain cases when prescribed by a vet under special circumstances.

Impey's story was backed, it would seem, by science and documentation, which apparently couldn't be repudiated;

Would be great to hear all these scientific facts, which we dont have.

At the moment this story leaves me with more questions than answers.

If the pharmacist worked with Probenecid the moment before serving Impey (that in itself is very odd already), he would have had to been working with Probenecid in a raw form, would he not?

He would not contaminate his hands if the Probenecid had been in a bottle, pill, container or whatever the pharmacy normally stores it in?

How much of this stuff would the pharmacist have to have split on his hands to contaminate the next customers goods to such an extend that the customer fails a drug test? Did the pharmacist accidentally soak the empty gel capsules he was selling to the next customer in Probenecid?

It the pharmacist hands were contaminated, would that mean that residue would cause trace amounts far exceeding the allowed amount? (This is where the scientific facts would be handy)

We have heard some cooked up stories before ... "It was in my girlfirends lip balm" "It was in the steak" "I walked past two guys smoking the stuff" ... this .... smells like one of those stories to me!

If the pharmacist worked with Probenecid the moment before serving Impey (that in itself is very odd already), he would have had to been working with Probenecid in a raw form, would he not?

He would not contaminate his hands if the Probenecid had been in a bottle, pill, container or whatever the pharmacy normally stores it in?

How much of this stuff would the pharmacist have to have split on his hands to contaminate the next customers goods to such an extend that the customer fails a drug test? Did the pharmacist accidentally soak the empty gel capsules he was selling to the next customer in Probenecid?

It the pharmacist hands were contaminated, would that mean that residue would cause trace amounts far exceeding the allowed amount? (This is where the scientific facts would be handy)

We have heard some cooked up stories before ... "It was in my girlfirends lip balm" "It was in the steak" "I walked past two guys smoking the stuff" ... this .... smells like one of those stories to me!

You Really should read the whole thread.

You haven't read the entire thread have you?

Apparently the contamination wasn't from the pharmacists hands but from the pill tray. They don't handle the gel capsules by hand as they tend to melt.

Have you ever seen how much white residue from previously counted pills stays almost permanently on those pill trays?

Nope sorry! I did not snort through 15 pages.

My beer tastes much better than reading all that crap.

I must say this story is more creative than "I had steak"!

What I woulda said if I was you :whistling: : How much probenecid would remain in the pill tray... and how much would get onto / into the capsules in the short time they were in the tray and then how many capsules would DI have taken on the day to produce a + .....?

What I woulda said if I was you :whistling: : How much probenecid would remain in the pill tray... and how much would get onto / into the capsules in the short time they were in the tray and then how many capsules would DI have taken on the day to produce a + .....?

Took the words right out of my mouth!

The last script I saw for probenecid was in 1992 (in SADF)

I have seen countless false scripts and doctors certificates.

Just saying. :whistling:

So you have information you are not sharing, or is this pure conjecture?

Nope sorry! I did not snort through 15 pages.

My beer tastes much better than reading all that crap.

I must say this story is more creative than "I had steak"!

Yip, just like your story and my story and everyone else's story on this subject.

Someone wise once said "if you are merely speculating then slow the engine to the mouth down"

Someone wise once said "if you are merely speculating then slow the engine to the mouth down"

.......and people satisfy their need for acknowledgement by spreading bulltwang......proper "bullshiet baffles brains"