Cajees Fourways - worst of the worst

RunRideSwim

I dig them! BArganing is cool! And they have cool stuff there! Kinda fun going through stuff on the floor to find deals! Take cash for better prices!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I disagree with you.

The wekas at P&P aren't there to assist you, they are there to cleanup isle 9 or to pack the shelves...

The guys at Cajees are specifically there to assist shoppers...

Your argument is invalid.  :ph34r:

who decided that you need assistance in a bike shop and not in a grocery store?  your perception of what a shop should offer is not necessarily a requirement...  would you honestly go to cajees for sales advice and bike fitting?

I dig them! BArganing is cool! And they have cool stuff there! Kinda fun going through stuff on the floor to find deals! Take cash for better prices!

Well said . I also just love shops like that . Two years ago I was also going through all the crap lying in on of their boxes and found a box with Bontrager Tubeless Valves , salesman had no clue , neither did their system . A R150 offer was made and I walked out with 10 valves .

Well said . I also just love shops like that . Two years ago I was also going through all the crap lying in on of their boxes and found a box with Bontrager Tubeless Valves , salesman had no clue , neither did their system . A R150 offer was made and I walked out with 10 valves .

My last bargain was a Wolverine tubeless tyre for R200.

funny with all the great deals to be had in the classifieds im shocked that people still buy new!

I'm not a regular Cajees shopper by any means. I walked into a Cajees two weeks ago to advise a friend who is new to cycling buy some accessories for his bike. I had no intention of buying anything for myself, but I ended up walking out with a bicycle that was more than R15,000 cheaper than Cycle Lab's price.

Service is not consistent and you need to bargain to get a deal (helps to know the value of what you are buying). Plenty other bike shops to buy from if they are not your cup of tea.

(Anyone looking for a size 52 bike PM me - I need to sell my old bike now that I got a new one).

I have no issues with Cajees.

They know their products and are always willing to help.

Yes but we all know you like to get shafted and continue making rookie mistakes to get what you want  :ph34r:

• 1 month later...

Jeez, but are you guys moaning about Cajees soft, or what?

If you find yourself in the position of having to go into one of their stores, what you do is this: 

1) Walk in and say hello if they greet you, or say absolutely bugger all to them if they don"t. If you're a bit of a p*ssy and you find it all a bit dark and intimidating, the door is just behind you....walk out of it.

2) If you don't want to be hassled by a sales guy, just tell him politely that you want to browse the shop by yourself.

3) If you can't find what you're looking for (or have forgotten what it is you went there for in the first place....something that is an increasing occurrence with me these days  :wacko: ), ask them to find it for you. They will be able to do that if they have stock, believe me. They are a business and want a quick and easy path for the money in your wallet to make it's way into their tills.

4) If the price is acceptable to you, pay and go. If you want to haggle with them, give it your best shot. If you feel that the price is too high then (and here is the simple bit) walk out of the shop and go somewhere else.

5) Stop moaning like a stuck pig on the Hub.

6) Never, ever use them to service your bike. They're not good at it.

Simple hey!  :D

Great prices, plenty stock and they help to keep other shops honest.

Dunno why everyone is moaning about them, don't like them , don't shop there. Will be interesting to see how many Giants and Scotts were bought from them.

I bought my Scott from them. Waaaaaaaaaaaay cheaper than anywhere else.

You dont prehaps have 2 going? Are they the ones with the big bases?

i don't have an opinion of Cajees Fourways, but for a first post spurting out all of this... that's just bad taste bro.there though.

Important points to note before visiting Cajees Fourways, for those who somehow don't yet know...

5. Do not take your time looking at their products - they will be suspicious and humiliate you by asking to check your bag - "Sure," I said, "Do you think I'm stealing from your shop?" to which he replied "Yes, I do." Unfortunately he made an idiot of himself and lost yet another customer, this time permanently.

Yup you are right having a go at the OP. Getting accused of shoplifting is the best ever.

That shop is a garbage tip - vote with your feet, there are lots of great bike shops in Jozi.

I heard that they lost their Scott dealership - any truth to this rumour?

Have not really had a bad experience with Cajees Fourways, but I cannot stand the lack of lighting in their shop. The Cajees in Centurion is the same, very dark inside, and I find their shops to be very messy and cluttered.

Damn it! I wonder if we have an equivalent of Cajees in Cape Town? sounds like a fascinating place, this thread just made me curious to visit them. Next time work sends me up North I will try to pop in there and experience it, I will bring a torch, a packet of ciggies, anything else I am missing?

Damn it! I wonder if we have an equivalent of Cajees in Cape Town? sounds like a fascinating place, this thread just made me curious to visit them. Next time work sends me up North I will try to pop in there and experience it, I will bring a torch, a packet of ciggies, anything else I am missing?

Cash, so that you can get a "special price" on your purchase. 

Archived