Where Giants Roam...post'em

s14phoenix

Small

Thought so. Its tiny :eek: . But IMHO the smaller frames look so much better. I love how the top tube just flows down the rear triangle in a straight line. My Large frames don't do that :(

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought so. Its tiny :eek: . But IMHO the smaller frames look so much better. I love how the top tube just flows down the rear triangle in a straight line. My Large frames don't do that :(

I'm in between a small and medium, at the limit of riding a small, but prefer the increased stand over height and better 'agility' of a small frame, and have to agree with the better looks  :D

Took it a step further and shaved off all the stock cable routing points under the top tube and re-routed the RD cable and rear brake hose under the down tube, also shaved the FD cable guide, to get a 'clean' look.

Custom paint in Ferrari rosso corsa and decals to finish.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Where is this? Why is the road dangerous?

The road into Gamkaskloof aka The Hell. The sign is at the turn off from the Swartberg Pass, near the town of Prince Albert in the Southern Karoo.

The total distance is 37 km, with 201 bends, curves or corners, yes, that is 18 per kilometre. Not straight! It contains 8 separate mountain passes and the Hollanders would see the bits in between as mountain passes as well! So, not flat! It crosses 5 streams with shallow rocky drifts and no bridges. These become impassable after flash floods. As with the Swartberg Pass, snow and ice often close it in winter, but usually only for a few days at a time. Did I mention that it is steep, loose, with massive vertical drop offs? Also, that it is never ending, often hot as hell, when it isn't freezing? The last bit, the Elands Pass descent into the valley, is 3,5 km long and drops 500 m in altitude, it has 51 bends, 5 of which are full 270 degree hairpin bends.

Also, one of my favourite places on earth.

The road into Gamkaskloof aka The Hell. The sign is at the turn off from the Swartberg Pass, near the town of Prince Albert in the Southern Karoo.

The total distance is 37 km, with 201 bends, curves or corners, yes, that is 18 per kilometre. Not straight! It contains 8 separate mountain passes and the Hollanders would see the bits in between as mountain passes as well! So, not flat! It crosses 5 streams with shallow rocky drifts and no bridges. These become impassable after flash floods. As with the Swartberg Pass, snow and ice often close it in winter, but usually only for a few days at a time. Did I mention that it is steep, loose, with massive vertical drop offs? Also, that it is never ending, often hot as hell, when it isn't freezing? The last bit, the Elands Pass descent into the valley, is 3,5 km long and drops 500 m in altitude, it has 51 bends, 5 of which are full 270 degree hairpin bends.

Also, one of my favourite places on earth.

AWESOME! Well done!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...