Where Giants Roam...post'em

s14phoenix

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a great deal on Trance 27.5 4 over the holidays... got the bike on the 2nd Jan and have been doing a full rebuild using all the good stuff from my hardtail including the newer Epixon TR 140mm fork, XT 1x drivetrain, dropper, pretty much everything  :blush: 

All I needed to do was rebuild the rear hub as the freehub was toast and add tyre sealant when I 

swapped tyres & Cssix foamo inserts. Just finished it on Sunday so riding this week.. whoop whoop 

Who has experience riding the 27.5 Trance? 

Update!!! Went on my first few rides on the Trance and oh boy, what a difference to the hardtail and so much faster through the rough. New PB on the Cobra at Hoogekraal... With the suspension set right it feels awesome, even with the Giant Avr rear shock... Can't wait to feel a Monarch or a Fox 

post-97711-0-65499100-1549112654_thumb.jpg

Yeah also I have very seldom ever locked out suspension fully on the Trance X29, Trance Advanced or even on the Anthem - Meastro was good enough to never need anything more than a well setup rear shock on Fox pro-pedal or firm setting on Rockshox. Even when racing XC.

And also I don't see the need on a trail ripper bike - maybe an XC race bike yes.

I always had to laugh at the other brands that "had to have it"

Suppose pedaling technique is another area which needs to be addressed - YOU are the most inefficient thing on the bike...

Yeah.. After riding the climbs at Hoogekraal a few times on my new-ish Trance I can say there is a tiny bit of Bob depending on technique but not enough to notice. I've climbed better last week than ever on my HT. Maestro does what it says.. It's a great suspension platform. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...