Where Giants Roam...post'em

s14phoenix

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had my back rim replaced and thought it was a good time to give #varkhart a spit 'n polish

Before the rebuild commenced (not finished yet, waiting for some upgrade goodies)

8f3438755fe7e34caffbbc5b0e50832f.jpg

Incomplete rebuild, why haven't the rotors been taken off [emoji6][emoji38]

I went through a anthem phase started with the blue anthem 1 and a buddy wanted a dual so that went to him upgraded to a anthem advanced but sold that soon after some time later I upgraded my buddy to a large advanced frame which was more comfortable for him and some time after that he wanted a 29er dual so the anthem came back to me. Anthem 650b is a fun bike especially with carbon wheels.

post-80000-0-15820300-1538974146_thumb.jpg

post-80000-0-71640000-1538974335_thumb.jpg

post-80000-0-65379600-1538974428_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

Dragon Sports was kind enough to send me a new frame after I cracked the swingarm on my Trance.

1579a31d336d8c9470bc5c81b1994113.jpg

Cracked swingarm

c412bf48f6e82146ffd81d169fe3dde7.jpg

New frame built up.

Had one of those awesome amazeballs blow your mind stunning rides at Helderberg with a couple of mates this morning. And after riding the sadist bike over the holidays, riding the Trance was like rekindling an old love again.

Took delivery today...what a machine.

Haven't been on this thread for a while so catching up a bit.

Damn thats pretty! I would go aero over weight everytime, not for the aero effect but for how gorgeos those Propel's are.[emoji108][emoji7]

Dragon Sports was kind enough to send me a new frame after I cracked the swingarm on my Trance.

1579a31d336d8c9470bc5c81b1994113.jpg

Cracked swingarm

c412bf48f6e82146ffd81d169fe3dde7.jpg

New frame built up.

Had one of those awesome amazeballs blow your mind stunning rides at Helderberg with a couple of mates this morning. And after riding the sadist bike over the holidays, riding the Trance was like rekindling an old love again.

+1 for Dragon's, they are very good with warranty issues. For interest sake did you do the claim through Kings or a different Lbs?

+1 for Dragon's, they are very good with warranty issues. For interest sake did you do the claim through Kings or a different Lbs?

Different LBS. My local. William's bike shop.

I have to commend both Daryn at Williams Bike Shop, and Dragon's.

I discovered the crack on the evening of 20dec. The next morning Daryn sent the details to Dragon's. By 10am the warranty claim was registered and confirmed, but we missed the last dispatch from the warehouse.

My lbs opened on Tuesday, frame was delivered on Wednesday morning.

Daryn's usual attention to detail blew me away again. It's his little touches that I appreciate like attaching the cable under the BB with a bolted cable guide to prevent rattling, and making sure my cables are neat and running together even though I run my brakes different to the norm.

Yes, please... Haven't seen many around....

I've seen one today at Ride Life in George, flippen awesome bike. Nice golden color with eagle 1x12. But no remote lockout for rear shock is disappointing to say the least.

I've seen one today at Ride Life in George, flippen awesome bike. Nice golden color with eagle 1x12. But no remote lockout for rear shock is disappointing to say the least.

Giant have always claimed that their Meastro suspension system does not need a lockout, if the shock is correctly inflated you are not suppose to suffer from pedalbob and therefore don't need a lockout.

Not sure on how the suspension is supposed to perform on a climb though and I haven't really spent enough time on a duall-sus to speak out of experience.